Clear all

Hello from Washington State!

4 Posts
3 Users
0 Likes
(@musicismylife)
Eminent Member
Topic starter

My name is Aprildawn. I just started (officially) learning to play a few days ago (Tuesday to be exact). I can tell you now that at the rate I'm going at it, I'm fairly sure I'll be playing for quite some time. I'm probably not doing it the way most solitary learners are. I got a book that covers the reading music part because I didn't want to be so hung up on TABS and I already have years of musical experience playing the Saxophone even if I have never owned my own sax. You'll probably laugh at me when I say I got the Ibanez Acoustic Electric Jam Pack. Well hey, the guitar works just fine for me and I tuned it before I did anything else. I like the black color as opposed to the other sets that were mostly natural colored or an icky sunburst color that made my eyes bleed. So far I haven't been able to put my guitar down for very long at all. My fingers are very sore right now which is the only reason I'm on here and not on my guitar.

If you're wondering why I say I only officially started to learn guitar this week, it is because I have played around with my niece's guitars when I am over at their place, but only for short bits of time and not nearly enough to really learn much of anything. If I had to say the one thing that having my OWN guitar has allowed me to learn it is better finger positioning... It helps especially that the smaller body and the slimmer neck fits me a heck of a lot better than my niece's guitars do.

Anyway, that's enough about me and my guitar. See ya around!

Posted : 06/03/2010 2:08 pm
(@blue-jay)
Noble Member

Welcome Aprildawn! Sounds as if you are on the right track. Looking forward to hearing from you here. :D

Like a bird on the wire,
like a drunk in a midnight choir
I have tried in my way to be free.

Posted : 07/03/2010 3:15 am
(@musicismylife)
Eminent Member
Topic starter

Thanks. Playing Guitar is an obsession. I can't seem to put it down for very long or stop thinking about it for more than a few minutes.

Posted : 08/03/2010 12:19 am
(@dan-t)
Illustrious Member

Welcome aboard! 8)

"The only way I know that guarantees no mistakes is not to play and that's simply not an option". David Hodge

Posted : 14/03/2010 12:15 pm