Notifications
Clear all

Hello from Yet Another Newbie!

10 Posts
10 Users
0 Likes
(@rickumali)
Topic starter

Hi everyone! I've enjoyed the writing and the lessons on this site, and I hope to be in these here forums every now and again.

I'm reborn to guitar playing. I started learning the instrument in elementary school (circa 1980s), and I ran into early frustrations after learning basic chords and basic church songs. I put it away for nearly my entire adult life, until my daughter received a little guitar for the holidays a few years ago. I slowly began playing it in the evening. Eventually I bought my own guitar. I bought basic DVD lessons. And I began to really get it. (I'm convinced the Internet has helped with this.) I do regret that I didn't stick with it, but it's never too late to start again.

Below are two clips of me playing very some very simple songs.

Wonderful Tonight (Eric Clapton)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7fzseYuvFlA
http://www.vimeo.com/1433017 (better audio)

Pigs on the Wing (Part 1) (Pink Floyd)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7JRkXg1jifQ

Rick Umali / WWW

Posted : 04/09/2008 12:48 am
(@dan-t)
Illustrious Member

Welcome aboard! 8)

Dan

"The only way I know that guarantees no mistakes is not to play and that's simply not an option". David Hodge

Posted : 04/09/2008 10:25 am
(@rahul)
Famed Member

Yea !

Welkohm !

Posted : 04/09/2008 5:28 pm
(@elecktrablue)
Famed Member

Welcome to Guitar Noise, Rickumali! We look forward to seeing you around the forums!

There are quite a few of us here who played in our younger days, then, for one reason or another, put our guitars down. Now we've all picked them back up again and it's definitely better the second time around!

:D

..· ´¨¨)) -:¦:-
¸.·´ .·´¨¨))
((¸¸.·´ .·´
-:¦:- ((¸¸.·´ -:¦:- Elecktrablue -:¦:-

"Don't wanna ride no shootin' star. Just wanna play on the rhythm guitar." Emmylou Harris, "Rhythm Guitar" from "The Ballad of Sally Rose"

Posted : 05/09/2008 11:47 pm
(@kerbdog)
Eminent Member

Hello everyone....as I feel like a newbie on here again I'm going to post as one since I haven't posted here in 3 years and even then it was never anything of substance. I hope I can change that and be a positive force here and maybe help a few people along the way.

-Ash

Posted : 06/09/2008 4:22 am
(@blueline)
Noble Member

Howdy and welcome to GN.

Teamwork- A few harmless flakes working together can unleash an avalanche of destruction.

Posted : 08/09/2008 6:52 pm
(@crkt246)
Honorable Member

Welcome to GN.

Posted : 11/09/2008 11:28 pm
(@twistedlefty)
Famed Member

Welcome to GN!

#4491....

Posted : 15/09/2008 8:06 am
(@jackss565)
Reputable Member