Clear all

Hello guitar noise people

9 Posts
9 Users
0 Likes
(@rodger)
Topic starter

Hello all,

this is my first visit to guitar noise. I'm looking forward to getting to know you guys and gals.

I'm an acoustic fingerstyle player. I play a Travis guitar. You probably haven't heard of this guitar, but you will. My friend and fellow picker built the guitar for me, he does wonderful work. Tommy Emmanuel has two of his guitars. I was there the day he bought the first one. Bought it on the spot when he heard it. Any way It's a great instrument. I also play a 335 and a Martin D35.

I am a high school band director during the day, and a bedroom picker come nightime. I love all styles of music, if it's played well and in tune I'll give it a listen. I have a pretty solid background in harmony and theory, still some gaps, but still learning too. I just love the guitar, guitar players, and music. My friend that told me about this web site told me I'd love it here. So I'm off to expore the site. Hope to get a chance to talk, exchange ideas etc. with you all.

Rodger

Posted : 20/06/2006 3:22 pm
(@chuckster)
Prominent Member

Hello and welcome to GN.

Look forward to seeing you round the boards. 8)

Edit:

Would love to see a pic of the Travis. There is a post your gear thread in the Guitar Player Discussion forum if you have some pics to show. :wink:

I've had a lot of sobering thoughts in my time.
It was them that turned me to drink.

Posted : 20/06/2006 3:25 pm
 geoo
(@geoo)
Famed Member

Welcome to GN Rodger! :D I love listening to Tommy play. I'd like to attend one of his workshops when he's in town. I think you'll like it alot here. Its one of those "Get what you give" but then again not really cause so far I have found that I get a whole lot more than I am able to contribute. Great bunch of people here though.

Geoo

“The hardest thing in life is to know which bridge to cross and which to burn” - David Russell (Scottish classical Guitarist. b.1942)

Posted : 20/06/2006 3:51 pm
(@duffmaster)
Noble Member

Welcome to the boards roger. Sounds like you've got a great guitar. How long have you been playing in years, and what genres do you prefer?

Who needs a signature?
I mean really...
It's almost always lyrics...
or a cliche...
or garbage about me...
Lets just save YOU from the pain, ok?

Posted : 20/06/2006 7:05 pm
(@elecktrablue)
Famed Member

Welcome to GuitarNoise, Rodger! We look forward to seeing you around the forums! :D

..· ´¨¨)) -:¦:-
¸.·´ .·´¨¨))
((¸¸.·´ .·´
-:¦:- ((¸¸.·´ -:¦:- Elecktrablue -:¦:-

"Don't wanna ride no shootin' star. Just wanna play on the rhythm guitar." Emmylou Harris, "Rhythm Guitar" from "The Ballad of Sally Rose"

Posted : 20/06/2006 8:05 pm
(@bourgeoisbabe)
Trusted Member

HI Rodger, welcome......Sounds like you'll have fun here. I would like to see pics of those guitars too........ I looked up the Martin online....it's beautiful.

Life pushes hard. Push back.

Posted : 20/06/2006 10:44 pm
(@dan-t)
Illustrious Member

Welcome aboard Rodger!

8) Dan

"The only way I know that guarantees no mistakes is not to play and that's simply not an option". David Hodge

Posted : 21/06/2006 12:12 pm
(@twistedlefty)
Famed Member

Welcome to GN

#4491....

Posted : 04/07/2006 11:59 am
(@barnabus-rox)
Famed Member

gidday mate and welcome

Here is to you as good as you are
And here is to me as bad as I am
As good as you are and as bad as I am