Clear all

Hello in there.

14 Posts
11 Users
0 Likes
(@kickinstonesblu)
Trusted Member
Topic starter

my name is Earl... no relation. I've been playing since i was fourteen, but due to life i'm still just breaking through. Just bought a new guitar and i'm in love so (this internet learning is the bomb)'
now i've gone back to basic's to dot the i's and fill in the gaps. i'm finding tons of them just reading some of your stuff. i havn't joined in much all my life and played alone most of it...picking up things from different guys along the way so i apolize in advance for any protacals i my stumble over..and my typing is dismal.
I'm 52 and a single dad(for 10 yrs) so beleive me when i say not to tell the women that you have three kids and no money.

KSblu

If I don't remember it....It didn't happen

Posted : 10/02/2007 5:15 pm
(@ballybiker)
Honorable Member

welcome Earl.....good job this aint a dating site then lol :roll:

what did the drummer get on his I.Q. test?....

Drool

http://www.myspace.com/ballybiker

Posted : 10/02/2007 5:22 pm
(@kickinstonesblu)
Trusted Member
Topic starter

I didn't think it was a dating site...but maybe if she had a maple backside.
i don't know what LOL is?

Posted : 10/02/2007 5:27 pm
(@quicksand)
Eminent Member

Lol = laugh out loud

Its the same as haha

Posted : 10/02/2007 7:21 pm
(@elecktrablue)
Famed Member

Welcome to GuitarNoise, Earl! We look forward to seeing you around the forums! :D
Somebody learn me how to edit or remove these posts.

When you make a post you can edit it by selecting the little "Edit" link in the far upper right of your post. You can only delete a post immediately after it's made, also by selecting the "Delete" link in the far upper right of your post. After that you'll need to let a mod know that you want it deleted and one of us will take care of it for you. If it's something you regret posting and don't want anyone to see it, you can go into the "Edit" link and just leave it blank or make a note in that post that you want a mod to delete.

Hope that helps! :D

..· ´¨¨)) -:¦:-
¸.·´ .·´¨¨))
((¸¸.·´ .·´
-:¦:- ((¸¸.·´ -:¦:- Elecktrablue -:¦:-

"Don't wanna ride no shootin' star. Just wanna play on the rhythm guitar." Emmylou Harris, "Rhythm Guitar" from "The Ballad of Sally Rose"

Posted : 10/02/2007 8:26 pm
(@dan-t)
Illustrious Member

Hi Earl. :D

Dan

"The only way I know that guarantees no mistakes is not to play and that's simply not an option". David Hodge

Posted : 10/02/2007 10:40 pm
(@kickinstonesblu)
Trusted Member
Topic starter

Thanks...I'll be more dilagent with my button pushing.
Thank you all for being out there... in the last 10 days i've learned twice the theory i knew before which was about nothing...but the light is coming.

Posted : 10/02/2007 11:10 pm
(@vic-lewis-vl)
Illustrious Member

Hi Earl....

Your story sounds a lot like mine - been playing a long time, good at the same old three chords....then I joined GN! Learned a lot since I've been here, sometimes I realise I'm doing something and think "Where the hell did I pick that up!" - the knowledge has sort of lodged itself in my brain cell by some subconscious process of osmosis.

If you have half as much fun and make half as many friends as I've done from this site you will indeed be blessed!

Oh yeah - I was a single parent too, for almost 10 years - it's hard, but it gets better, and you'll always be close to your kid(s)......you'll find you share a lot of interests.....

Welcome to GN, have fun!

:D :D :D

Vic

"Sometimes the beauty of music can help us all find strength to deal with all the curves life can throw us." (D. Hodge.)

Posted : 10/02/2007 11:12 pm
 Bish
(@bish)
Famed Member

Welcome to GN, Earl.

There are a lot of people here and some are great motivators.

Enjoy your stay.

Bish

"I play live as playing dead is harder than it sounds!"

Posted : 11/02/2007 6:05 am
(@misanthrope)
Noble Member

Welcome Earl!

ChordsAndScales.co.uk - Guitar Chord/Scale Finder/Viewer

Posted : 11/02/2007 11:52 am
(@denny)
Reputable Member

Welcome Earl. I can relate. I was a single parent of 4. Like Vic say's, you'll have a bond with your kids that is well worth the effort.
Denny

Posted : 11/02/2007 5:12 pm
(@kickinstonesblu)
Trusted Member
Topic starter

I understand completely...such a differance from when i used to just have to work during the day. lol. seriously.. two are grown and i'm down to one 14 year old. looking for a lefty for him here pretty soon. Still recovering from xmas and his birthday's not till July.

I have done little the last week but study and practice....hooked up an old electric drum i'd gotten for my middle son and began practicing with the metronome. I'm pumped for the sound of my new 000cxe. Can't put it down to sleep. my 30 yr old yari is just hanging there.

KSblu

Posted : 11/02/2007 10:05 pm
(@chuckster)
Prominent Member

Welcome to GN, Earl.

Look forward to seeing you round the forums.

8)

I've had a lot of sobering thoughts in my time.
It was them that turned me to drink.

Posted : 18/02/2007 4:49 am
(@twistedlefty)
Famed Member

Welcome to GN

#4491....

Posted : 18/02/2007 8:53 am