Notifications
Clear all

Hey all

7 Posts
6 Users
0 Likes
(@ervie)
Topic starter

New to this site, and guitar for that matter. Have been playing now for 3 weeks and love it.

My fav music is CCR, bob seger, tom petty (hahahahah you get the hint). Anyway in the next few months ill probably have a lot of silly questions, hope everyone here will bare with me.

So my main issue is of course strumming i just cant pick up on it unless someone gives me the proper pattern.
So if someone can give me some insight on it that would be great. Example Have you ever seen the rain by ccr ive lisened to this song dozens of times and i just cant pick it up. So in short strumming frustrates me

Posted : 08/02/2008 2:21 am
(@katmetal)
Prominent Member

Welcome to GN! :)

Posted : 08/02/2008 10:52 am
(@twistedlefty)
Famed Member

Welcome to GN!

#4491....

Posted : 08/02/2008 11:44 am
(@misanthrope)
Noble Member

Welcome! There's plenty of threads on general strumming help (search box at the top), and I dare say a couple of articles too. Good luck!

ChordsAndScales.co.uk - Guitar Chord/Scale Finder/Viewer

Posted : 08/02/2008 1:55 pm
(@elecktrablue)
Famed Member

Welcome to Guitar Noise, Ervie! We look forward to seeing you around the forums! :D

And, by the way, the only silly question is the one not asked! :D

..· ´¨¨)) -:¦:-
¸.·´ .·´¨¨))
((¸¸.·´ .·´
-:¦:- ((¸¸.·´ -:¦:- Elecktrablue -:¦:-

"Don't wanna ride no shootin' star. Just wanna play on the rhythm guitar." Emmylou Harris, "Rhythm Guitar" from "The Ballad of Sally Rose"

Posted : 08/02/2008 2:16 pm
(@ervie)
Topic starter

Welcome to Guitar Noise, Ervie! We look forward to seeing you around the forums! :D

And, by the way, the only silly question is the one not asked! :D
thanks that really means alot

Posted : 08/02/2008 4:22 pm
(@dan-t)
Illustrious Member

Welcome aboard Ervie! 8)

Keep working on that strumming, it'll come.

Dan

"The only way I know that guarantees no mistakes is not to play and that's simply not an option". David Hodge

Posted : 10/02/2008 1:54 pm