Hey Everyone! :D

25 Posts
17 Users
0 Likes
(@rachel_morgan)
Trusted Member
Topic starter

Hello!

I'm Rachel. I'm learning guitar (been at it nearly a month or so now) and I sing regularly in front of a church audience with a church band (band as in band-- we play christian pop, I'm one of the singers for it ^^) has only around 70 people per service, but definitely a better start than most 16 year olds can get! (actually got in when i was 14 ^^ I'm still the youngest member XD)

I've gradually been getting more serious about my singing,a nd that's why i picked up the guitar. i've been trying to start my own band off for a while, but now... i basically went to playing solo! so many young guys believe girls can't sing rockish stuff, let alone pop songs xD

I'm prepping for a large band concert for year end at school (400 or so people, has coverage of town news and papers...good publicity) with the help of my two friends and pianists.

fingers crossed!

Any help is appreciated!

^^

-Rachel.

Posted : 27/05/2007 10:30 am
(@rahul)
Famed Member

Welcome to GN.

You can definitely sing. Keep practising and don't pay much attention to what others say. They are not really better than you are. However, you can always take the suggestions given here, as constructive advice and take steps to improve.

Play often and play well. 8)

Rahul

Posted : 27/05/2007 10:34 am
 Nuno
(@nuno)
Famed Member

Hi Rachel! :D

Welcome to GN!

Posted : 27/05/2007 10:40 am
(@rachel_morgan)
Trusted Member
Topic starter

Thank you!

Nice to meet you guys! :D

thanks so much, Rahul. I'll definitely be taking the critism offers as they come :wink:

Hello, Nuno :D -waves-

Posted : 27/05/2007 10:42 am
(@chuckster)
Prominent Member

Welcome to GN, Rachel.

See you round the forums.

8)

I've had a lot of sobering thoughts in my time.
It was them that turned me to drink.

Posted : 27/05/2007 10:56 am
(@denny)
Reputable Member

Hi Rachel. Welcome to GN.

Denny

Posted : 27/05/2007 2:43 pm
(@coloradofenderbender)
Noble Member

Welcome and good luck with the upcoming show.

Posted : 27/05/2007 3:06 pm
(@causnorign)
Honorable Member

Hi Rachel, welcome to GN. I hope the concert goes well for you.

Posted : 27/05/2007 4:19 pm
(@elecktrablue)
Famed Member

Welcome to GuitarNoise, Rachel! We look forward to seeing you around the forums! :D

Be sure to check out our Womens forum, "The Other Side"!!

..· ´¨¨)) -:¦:-
¸.·´ .·´¨¨))
((¸¸.·´ .·´
-:¦:- ((¸¸.·´ -:¦:- Elecktrablue -:¦:-

"Don't wanna ride no shootin' star. Just wanna play on the rhythm guitar." Emmylou Harris, "Rhythm Guitar" from "The Ballad of Sally Rose"

Posted : 27/05/2007 4:39 pm
(@vic-lewis-vl)
Illustrious Member

Hi Rachel, and welcome to GN!

Plenty of lady rockers here... some good singer/songwriters, too. Good luck to you and your friends with the concert - any idea of a set list yet?

:D :D :D

Vic

"Sometimes the beauty of music can help us all find strength to deal with all the curves life can throw us." (D. Hodge.)

Posted : 28/05/2007 1:16 am
 Rune
(@rune)
Trusted Member

My life for Amy Lee! Errr, wait...

Welcome to GN! I'm sure you can find folks to collaborate with online here on the forums if you wish.

It's a dry heat!

Posted : 28/05/2007 4:13 am
(@rachel_morgan)
Trusted Member
Topic starter

thanks guys! wow, lots of responses, lol!

Rune: haha, I love Amy Lee. amazing voice. That's neat, that people here are willing to collab. its a nice change.

Vic: I was noticing that, when i was looking around. I'll probably be everywhere on the forums though, knowing me xD

It'll probably be only one of 2 songs that is performed, as it's going to be a squeeze to get in. We're deciding officially on Tuesday, and we're going with that, so I'm perfecting them as much as i can for then :D thank you!

Elecktrablue: of course i'm going to! we ladies have to stick together as well, after all! ;) haha!

causnorign: I hope it does too. it should have many 'interesting' moments as well (aka : jon and the cream xD)

ColoradoFenderBender: Thanks!

Denny: Thanks for the warm welcome! see you around here : )

chuckster: Thanks! see you around on here : )

Posted : 28/05/2007 4:59 am
(@kevin72790)
Prominent Member

Welcome to the board Rachel!

Posted : 28/05/2007 2:53 pm
(@ballybiker)
Honorable Member

welcome and good luck....you already have a firm foundation to build on if you are confident enough to sing in front of a large crowd....you will do well i'm sure 8)

what did the drummer get on his I.Q. test?....

Drool

http://www.myspace.com/ballybiker

Posted : 29/05/2007 3:18 am
(@rachel_morgan)
Trusted Member
Topic starter

thank you!

A few years back, I absolutely couldn't go on stage. let alone sing.

haha, the only time i ever went on a stage was grade 3, playing a pokemon! xD haha, that was interesting...

Its more from growing tired of performing at the same place, with the same audience really. It'll be a nice challenge.
The first time on a realllllll stage, really.

that whole week is busy for me too. praise band singing on suday, then wednesday the concert, then saturday a hour and half with praise band at a church sing a long. should be fun. 20 songs.

Thanks kevin! see you around here!

Posted : 29/05/2007 7:33 am
Page 1 / 2