Notifications
Clear all

hey folks!

1 Posts
1 Users
0 Likes
(@bruceye)
Topic starter

My name is Bruce. I live in the middle of the forests of northern Wis. where it is ridiculously cold. (thank you Canada) :shock: This is my first post on this or any guitar forum so please forgive if I sound like an idiot. I'm 55 yrs old and until -99 played cover music, guitar and vocal, at a professional level since I was 20. In the last several years of that stint, I gradually weaned myself out of the music and into my construction business for no other reason than it being the responsible thing to do. I am currently pursuing the prospect of playing gigs again as a single or duo thus I am curious to pick the brains of those of you who play on that level. I have a pretty diverse vocabulary of styles both listening and playing. My favorite pickers are a broad range from Doc Watson to Larry Carlton, Jerry Reed, Steve Howe, Tommy Emanuel and some that I'm forgetting to mention. I'm not much on gadgetry, pedals or effects. I know they have their place. I feel that a musicians foremost tools are the heart, head and hands (and feet if you're a drummer) but I'll save that for discussion, for now, I have much to learn from all of you and hopefully some kernels of knowledge to share. See ya on the board!

Posted : 01/12/2014 11:42 pm