Notifications
Clear all

Hey there!

7 Posts
7 Users
0 Likes
(@lenie)
Topic starter

I've actually been reading this board for quite awhile, but never joined. I've learned a lot here and I'm glad I found this place!

I've been playing guitar for about 4 1/2 years. I started out on a classical, got an electric, and then an acoustic. I still play all three, but tend to play the electric the most. Acoustic is a close second though. I taught myself for the first two years, but after awhile I didn't seem to be going anywhere. I began taking lessons and I'm learning a lot!

I listen to different types of music and try to play it. :) Sarah Vaughan, Hayley Westernra, Celtic Woman, Wes Montgomery, Johnny Smith, Django Reinhardt, Amy Macdonald, Tommy Emmanuel, Andy Mckee, Don Ross, Stevie Ray Vaughan, Bach, and James Taylor are some that I'm currently listening to.

Well, that's a little about me. :)

Posted : 12/01/2009 5:07 pm
(@twistedlefty)
Famed Member

Welcome to GN!

#4491....

Posted : 12/01/2009 6:57 pm
(@dan-t)
Illustrious Member

Welcome aboard! 8)

Dan

"The only way I know that guarantees no mistakes is not to play and that's simply not an option". David Hodge

Posted : 13/01/2009 2:33 am
(@elecktrablue)
Famed Member

Welcome to Guitar Noise! We look forward to seeing you around the forums! :D

..· ´¨¨)) -:¦:-
¸.·´ .·´¨¨))
((¸¸.·´ .·´
-:¦:- ((¸¸.·´ -:¦:- Elecktrablue -:¦:-

"Don't wanna ride no shootin' star. Just wanna play on the rhythm guitar." Emmylou Harris, "Rhythm Guitar" from "The Ballad of Sally Rose"

Posted : 13/01/2009 3:08 pm
(@rum-runner)
Reputable Member

Welcome from someone who's been playing just about as long as you have! If you are plaing stuff from the artists you've mentioned you haven't done too bad over that time!

Regards,

Mike

"Growing Older But Not UP!"

Posted : 14/01/2009 4:59 pm
(@scrybe)
Famed Member

Welcome to guitarnoise Lenie! I've found this site, and the forums, to be a fantastic source of inspiration, in many different ways. I hope you enjoy visiting and participating in the musical madness!

Ra Er Ga.

Ninjazz have SuperChops.

http://www.blipfoto.com/Scrybe

Posted : 09/06/2009 9:32 pm
(@trguitar)
Famed Member

Welcome!

"Work hard, rock hard, eat hard, sleep hard,
grow big, wear glasses if you need 'em."
-- The Webb Wilder Credo --

Posted : 27/06/2009 6:38 am