Notifications
Clear all

Hey there

8 Posts
8 Users
0 Likes
(@ruralgurl)
Topic starter

Been enjoying the website and lurking for over a year, finally logged on to ask a Q. (See live sound section.) RuralGurl is how I post here, over on UMGF and blogging. Started playing as a kid way back in the '70's, was serious and decent until about the mid '80's when I got married, had to get a "real job" where I put in 50+ hours weekly, etc etc etc. Only played off and on until a couple of years ago when I decided that I just was not whole any more and playing, singing and writing regularly was what was missing in my life. I'm an acoustic player, singer-songwriter stuff, No Depression, acoustic leaning rock, the occasional venture into grass-land. My current stable houses an old Jadee Hummingbird copy (vintage Japanese, solid tonewoods, pre-lawsuit w/ mustache headstock) that I've been keeping Nashville high-strung, an Ovation Celeb Delux that's usually in drop D or open C, a Fender 12-string that I need to play more, original owner of a Sigma Anniversary model (solid spruce on solid hog, think D-18), and a recently adopted D-41, a guitar I've wanted since the early '80's but could never afford; it's my mid-life crisis guitar. My current amp du jour is a Fender Acoustisonic Jr. That's it, you now know more about me than 80% of my friends. Imagine that.

Posted : 02/06/2008 1:51 am
(@barnabus-rox)
Famed Member

welcome to G N

Hope you find what you have been lurking for :)

Cheers

Trev..

Here is to you as good as you are
And here is to me as bad as I am
As good as you are and as bad as I am
I'm as good as you are as bad as I am

Posted : 02/06/2008 9:37 am
(@elecktrablue)
Famed Member

Welcome to Guitar Noise, Ruralgurl! We look forward to seeing you around the forums! :D

Be sure to check out our Women's forum, "The Other Side"!

..· ´¨¨)) -:¦:-
¸.·´ .·´¨¨))
((¸¸.·´ .·´
-:¦:- ((¸¸.·´ -:¦:- Elecktrablue -:¦:-

"Don't wanna ride no shootin' star. Just wanna play on the rhythm guitar." Emmylou Harris, "Rhythm Guitar" from "The Ballad of Sally Rose"

Posted : 02/06/2008 2:03 pm
(@vic-lewis-vl)
Illustrious Member

Only played off and on until a couple of years ago when I decided that I just was not whole any more and playing, singing and writing regularly was what was missing in my life.

Yep, once you've been bitten by the guitar bug, it's got you for life! Oh, you may think you've kicked the habit, but sooner or later you'll backslide!

Welcome to GN, ruralgurl!

:D :D :D

Vic

"Sometimes the beauty of music can help us all find strength to deal with all the curves life can throw us." (D. Hodge.)

Posted : 02/06/2008 2:08 pm
(@katmetal)
Prominent Member

Welcome aboard! :)

Posted : 02/06/2008 8:48 pm
(@dan-t)
Illustrious Member

Welcome to GN! 8) Hope to hear some songs from you soon. :D

Dan

"The only way I know that guarantees no mistakes is not to play and that's simply not an option". David Hodge

Posted : 03/06/2008 10:23 am
(@rahul)
Famed Member

Welcome to paradise !

Posted : 03/06/2008 5:57 pm
(@twistedlefty)
Famed Member

Welcome to GN!

#4491....

Posted : 04/06/2008 11:30 pm