Notifications
Clear all

Hey there!

7 Posts
6 Users
0 Likes
(@atrum_callidus)
Topic starter

I am an 18 year old boy from Turkiye who has gotten his first guitar 2 days ago.. In two days i had learned to create chords, some basic rythms, some left hand stuff, and read some music notation.

I have learned much from guitar noise's beginner's lessons and because of this i have wanted to appreciate in this forums.. I specifically want to thank mister David Hodge for his lessons, they gave me great inspiration&knowledge..

After all, i don't have much to say about guitars as i said i have bought my first instrument 2 days ago, it is a nylon stringed classic guitar with a brand admira. I have watched some videos of virtuosos (in 2 days) like satriani, petrucci and so on..

I expect i should learn guitar very well to make a life with it, some says i couldn't do it after this age but i believe i can..

I am also a business science student in a big university of my country, but i don't want to involve in business. I just want to be a musician, i love the feeling of music..

Thanks for creating this great site.

Sorry about bad english..

Best Regards..

Posted : 17/04/2006 10:19 pm
(@elecktrablue)
Famed Member

Welcome to GuitarNoise, atrum_callidus!! You definitely found the best place on the net for beginning guitarists!

As to you being too old to start learning now....... NO WAY!!!!! There are people on these very forums who are twice and even three times your age who are beginners!!! You're NEVER too old to learn new things!

The people on these forums are wonderful. They'll answer any question you might have, even those that you might not really want to ask because you think they're "stupid questions". There's no such thing as a stupid question!! If you're curious, ask!!

We look forward to seeing you around the forums!! :D

..· ´¨¨)) -:¦:-
¸.·´ .·´¨¨))
((¸¸.·´ .·´
-:¦:- ((¸¸.·´ -:¦:- Elecktrablue -:¦:-

"Don't wanna ride no shootin' star. Just wanna play on the rhythm guitar." Emmylou Harris, "Rhythm Guitar" from "The Ballad of Sally Rose"

Posted : 17/04/2006 11:07 pm
(@dan-t)
Illustrious Member

Welcome aboard! :D

As Elecktrablue said, you're never too old to start playing music. There's alot of people here that feel the same way you do about music, so feel free to join in on any discussions, and don't worry about your English, you do just fine. :wink: :D

8)
Dan

"The only way I know that guarantees no mistakes is not to play and that's simply not an option". David Hodge

Posted : 18/04/2006 2:33 am
(@forrok_star)
Noble Member

Hi and Welcome.

Aways great to hear a postive attitude about learning guitar. Have fun on your journey.

Joe

Posted : 18/04/2006 4:50 am
(@atrum_callidus)
Topic starter

thanks for your replies :D

Posted : 18/04/2006 6:35 pm
(@rsoxfan1123)

I started when I was 18- I am 41 now. you'd be surprised how much you can grow. looking back, someone that started at 15 had three years of practice more than me. after 23 years, that 3 years doesn't seem like much anymore.

Posted : 20/04/2006 6:59 pm
(@twistedlefty)
Famed Member

Welcome to GN

#4491....

Posted : 27/04/2006 10:47 am