Heylo there!

8 Posts
8 Users
0 Likes
(@nathan080)
Estimable Member
Topic starter

Hey
I just wanted to take the time out to introduce myself to the forum, as far as I can tell it seems to be a very very useful source to helping people learn about music and it seems like a community that I would like to be a part of.

My name is Nathan Rose, I'm 21, and I live in Leicestershire of the UK for half the year and Bangor in Wales for the other half, as I currently study Psychology at the university there. All through my life I've loved music and always wanted to play the drums, but my parents were never happy about the loud noises I would make on them, so I never got round to it. I've always wanted to sing too but whenever I heard myself it put me off. The past couple of years have been an eye opener for me, I wont go into the long (and boring) story of whats happened but I have suffered from unipolar depression with bipolar tendencies for the past two years. Basically this means I've been a miserable bastard for a long time lol. The last 4 months of 2007 were the worst of my life and I actually made plans to end my own life, fortunately I was unsuccesful and am here to tell the story. (By the way i realise the hypocrisy of a psychology student suffering from a mental disorder... but all business students become business men... right? ;) )

I received an acoustic guitar for Christmas, and have not stopped playing it since that day. I never thought it was possible to fall in love with something that wasn't human. I can play a couple of rifts, a dozen or so chords, and am just about getting around to changing chords and keeping rhythm. I've also picked up a bit of music theory (as far as key signatures and the circle of fifth's) and am loving every second of it. Its the first time I've ever felt eager to learn about something and I'm looking forward to making every mistake in the book twice :).

As for my music tastes... well I know its a cliché but I really do like anything and everything. My faveourite bands/singers/people who make noise include: Killswitch Engage, Sikth, Editors, Alexisonfire, Jimmy Eat World, Foo Fighters, George Micheal (laugh away, I think hes a good songwriter) City and Colour, Alanis Morrisette Jeff Buckley, KT Tunstall, Frou Frou, Basement Jaxx, The Chemical Brothers, Daft Punk, Kayne West, Wheat (NOT Wheatus :P (although I have seen Wheatus live :S))

I look forward to sharing all my musical experiences with all you guys :),
Nat

From Your Influence...
http://www.overplay.com/BandProfile.aspx?BandId=e78b497f-4f31-4182-8659-e8b6fa91d582

http://www.youtube.com/user/FromYourInfluence

Posted : 04/01/2008 10:25 pm
(@crkt246)
Honorable Member

welcome Nathan! :D its great to see that you joined :D

Posted : 04/01/2008 10:30 pm
(@blueline)
Noble Member

Nat,
Please provide more detail about yourself. This was a bit on the lite side. :P

Welcome aboard.

Teamwork- A few harmless flakes working together can unleash an avalanche of destruction.

Posted : 07/01/2008 9:04 pm
(@misanthrope)
Noble Member

Welcome to GN!

ChordsAndScales.co.uk - Guitar Chord/Scale Finder/Viewer

Posted : 07/01/2008 10:38 pm
(@twistedlefty)
Famed Member

Welcome to GN!

#4491....

Posted : 08/01/2008 1:55 pm
(@elecktrablue)
Famed Member

Welcome to Guitar Noise, Nathan! We look forward to seeing you around the forums! :D

..· ´¨¨)) -:¦:-
¸.·´ .·´¨¨))
((¸¸.·´ .·´
-:¦:- ((¸¸.·´ -:¦:- Elecktrablue -:¦:-

"Don't wanna ride no shootin' star. Just wanna play on the rhythm guitar." Emmylou Harris, "Rhythm Guitar" from "The Ballad of Sally Rose"

Posted : 11/01/2008 10:54 pm
(@dan-t)
Illustrious Member

Hi Nathan! :D

Dan

"The only way I know that guarantees no mistakes is not to play and that's simply not an option". David Hodge

Posted : 19/01/2008 3:47 am
 Glee
(@glee)
Estimable Member

Welcome to GN

Tim

Posted : 19/01/2008 10:04 pm