Clear all

Hi all!

6 Posts
5 Users
0 Likes
 idj
(@idj)
Topic starter

I'm new to this board, but not to guitars. My wife is the one who recommended this website as she comes here (and likely has been lurking here for a while). We're both players, though there have been huge gaps between involvement with guitars in any way. Now that we're getting closer to retirement we're starting to get 'itchy fingers' again, and have started practicing and honing our skills again. We have lots of guitars, - 6 string acoustic, 12 string acoustic, 6 string resonator, 6 string acoustic electric, 3 ukuleles, 2 teles, a Les Paul Traditional, a Les Paul Special II, an Epiphone Dot Studio, a low end Fender strat... I've probably missed something, but we love them all, and we love music! We also sing in choirs, so music is special to us. Anyway, I'm happy to be here!

Sometimes you want to give up the guitar, you'll hate the guitar. But if you stick with it, you're gonna be rewarded. - Jimi Hendrix

Posted : 09/05/2012 8:23 pm
(@ezraplaysezra)
Honorable Member

Welcome, you and I should get together and buy some bulk strings!

Posted : 10/05/2012 2:59 am
(@aurora)
Trusted Member

Hi, and welcome! Wow, I only have two guitars! :-)

A guitar has moonlight in it. ~ James M. Cain

Posted : 10/05/2012 1:58 pm
(@pigweed)

Hey Idj

I have tell this story (for aurora's sake at least) (I'm the wife idj mentioned) In a short lived fit of trying to clear a little space out of our small house a few years ago - I pointed out that between us we had three guitars we were hardly playing (2 6 string acoustic and 1 12 string) so I was thinking of donating mine to a charity auction for a very good local cause. Idj suggested since mine was a nicer guitar than his - why not donate his instead - he might like to play again sometime. Cool, but he wanted to get a cheap case for it and not give up his only hard shell case. So he made the fatal step into a music store - and the music store guy was so nice when he heard what it was for that he gave him an only slightly beat up hard shell case that came in with a trade in for free. While looking around Idj's eye was caught by a reasonable starter electric + amplifier on sale - so much for clearing a little space. I have since learned about guitar/gear acquisition syndrome and succumbed to a certain extent.

Pigweed

Posted : 10/05/2012 6:08 pm
 Cat
(@cat)
Noble Member

Gidday...

Cat

"Feel what you play...play what you feel!"

Posted : 10/05/2012 8:05 pm
 idj
(@idj)
Topic starter

I have tell this story (for aurora's sake at least)...

It was also pointed out to me that I forgot to mention Pigweed's Martin Travellor guitar and her harpsicle. Oops. Can't do anything right.

Sometimes you want to give up the guitar, you'll hate the guitar. But if you stick with it, you're gonna be rewarded. - Jimi Hendrix

Posted : 11/05/2012 1:48 pm