Clear all

Hi all!

7 Posts
7 Users
0 Likes
(@sdolsay)
Reputable Member
Topic starter

Well I've been enjoying the site and reading the boards for aout a month now. Decided to take up guitar at the advanced age of 42(old by my kids standards..heh). am really enjoying the process so far.

Only been at it since April 2006 and I have 3 guitars and 2 amps..is this bad?:)...anyway seems like a good group here and think I'll enjoy interacting with you.

Btw the guitars are an Epi SG special, Johnson accustic, and a Stinger strat copy from the 80's, amps are a solid state practice amp,and a early 60's Alamo tube amp.

My music interests are Blues, and classic rock, folk rock.

*wave*

Scott

I havn't found my tone yet, and I have no mojo....but I'm working on it :)

Posted : 12/06/2006 10:31 pm
(@elecktrablue)
Famed Member

Welcome to GuitarNoise, Scott! You'll find lots of bluesmen (and women.... me included!) here along with a bunch of classic rockers and folk rockers! We look forward to seeing you around the forums! :D

..· ´¨¨)) -:¦:-
¸.·´ .·´¨¨))
((¸¸.·´ .·´
-:¦:- ((¸¸.·´ -:¦:- Elecktrablue -:¦:-

"Don't wanna ride no shootin' star. Just wanna play on the rhythm guitar." Emmylou Harris, "Rhythm Guitar" from "The Ballad of Sally Rose"

Posted : 12/06/2006 10:40 pm
(@barnabus-rox)
Famed Member

Hi and welcome

You will even find a couple of over 40's beginners like me :lol:

Here is to you as good as you are
And here is to me as bad as I am
As good as you are and as bad as I am
I'm as good as you are as bad as I am

Posted : 13/06/2006 9:34 am
 geoo
(@geoo)
Famed Member

Only been at it since April 2006 and I have 3 guitars and 2 amps..is this bad?:)...

YES!! That is not nearly enough. LOL Welcome to GN and hope you enjoy yourself.

Geoo

“The hardest thing in life is to know which bridge to cross and which to burn” - David Russell (Scottish classical Guitarist. b.1942)

Posted : 13/06/2006 9:43 am
(@dan-t)
Illustrious Member

Welcome to GN Scott!!

8) Dan

"The only way I know that guarantees no mistakes is not to play and that's simply not an option". David Hodge

Posted : 13/06/2006 11:44 am
(@bourgeoisbabe)
Trusted Member

Welcome Scott, I am an "Over 40 beginner" also. I have a post in the meet and greet. I just started today and already founf this site helpful on some specific questions just by browsing alone! great good luck to you. Love your enthusiasm with all the equiptment you have. I can relate....I bought a guitar to drool over.....it is my third and only. :)

Life pushes hard. Push back.

Posted : 17/06/2006 4:33 pm
(@off-he-goes)
Noble Member

Welcome Scott!

Vacate is the word...Vengance has no place on me or her...Cannot find a comfort in this world.

Posted : 17/06/2006 4:45 pm