Notifications
Clear all

Hi all from sunny South Africa

10 Posts
10 Users
0 Likes
(@wessie)
Topic starter

Hi all, my name is Morné from Pretoria, South Africa.

I got my very first guitar for x-mas and have been messing around for the last couple of days. It's a Santafé, classic (or like I read somewhere, a steel string). I have no previous musical background, so be ready for a LOT of questions!

My goal is not to be the next Stevie, Eric or Roger Walters, I just want to sit next to the camp fire, in the middle of the bush somewhere and play nice, easy listening "background" music.

Well, that's me in a nutshell, speak you on the forums...

Cheers for now,
Morné

Posted : 02/01/2008 4:11 pm
(@musicfreak14)

Hello, welcome to guitarnoise!

WOW, South Africa?!?! That's pretty awesome. :D

Correct me if I'm wrong (other guitarnoise forum people) but BRING On the questions cuz we love answering em here...or at least I do! :P

Happy playing.

Posted : 02/01/2008 7:02 pm
(@elecktrablue)
Famed Member

Welcome to Guitar Noise, Morné! We look forward to seeing you around the forums! :D

I believe the guitar you have is a steel string acoustic. The classical acoustic guitars would require nylon strings. We're not opposed to seeing pictures!! :D

..· ´¨¨)) -:¦:-
¸.·´ .·´¨¨))
((¸¸.·´ .·´
-:¦:- ((¸¸.·´ -:¦:- Elecktrablue -:¦:-

"Don't wanna ride no shootin' star. Just wanna play on the rhythm guitar." Emmylou Harris, "Rhythm Guitar" from "The Ballad of Sally Rose"

Posted : 02/01/2008 8:41 pm
(@misanthrope)
Noble Member

Welcome, Wessie!

ChordsAndScales.co.uk - Guitar Chord/Scale Finder/Viewer

Posted : 02/01/2008 10:58 pm
(@blueline)
Noble Member

Howdy! I'm not from South Africa but someday hope to be. I'm thinking about starting up an ice skating rink there.

Welcome to GN. Be sure to post in the "Songs from the Bush" section of the forums! :P

Teamwork- A few harmless flakes working together can unleash an avalanche of destruction.

Posted : 07/01/2008 9:08 pm
(@katmetal)
Prominent Member

Hi Morné!
Welcome aboard!
Cheers, katmetal :)

Posted : 07/01/2008 9:58 pm
(@twistedlefty)
Famed Member

Welcome to GN!

#4491....

Posted : 08/01/2008 1:57 pm
(@rum-runner)
Reputable Member

Hi Morné;

Welcome to GN' I'm not from South Africa but I do work for a South African company- Sasol to be exact. Hope to get a business trip there this coming summer.

Regards,

Mike

"Growing Older But Not UP!"

Posted : 09/01/2008 11:17 pm
(@dan-t)
Illustrious Member

Welcome aboard! 8)

Dan

"The only way I know that guarantees no mistakes is not to play and that's simply not an option". David Hodge

Posted : 19/01/2008 3:45 am
 Glee
(@glee)
Estimable Member

Welcome to GN

Tim

Posted : 19/01/2008 10:08 pm