Hi everyone

5 Posts
5 Users
0 Likes
(@kenneth-v)
Eminent Member
Topic starter

Hi everyone!

My name is Kenneth Vansteenkiste. I'm 18 years old (nearly 19) and i live in Belgium. I'm currently studying law at the university of Kortrijk, also knows as the KULAK!

But let me tell a little bit more about why i'm here!

I have always been fascinated about music, and especially about guitars! However, i never played the guitar since i've been too occupied with my other interests...

But now that has changed, i've had to quit some of these interests and i've got some spare time left now... so i decided to live up to one of these passions: the guitar!

Basically, my knowledge about guitars is close to 0, so i'll have to start from the bottom...
Fortunately i have some friends who play the guitar, so i'm bound to get started on the right track( or so i hope).
But nevertheless, i think it's even more handy to get myself going on an active and experienced community of dedicated guitar players, both novice and veteran. So i searched.... and i found this great place to start!
I've got an acoustic guitar at home. It belonged to my father but i don't know if it's a good guitar, and since i'm not an expert, i don't know if it's worth buying a new one or not...
My real interest goes to the electric guitar however, so in a few days (after i've gathered some good advice) i'll start looking for an electric guitar!

I have some important questions to ask however, but i don't know if i should do this here, after all, this is a meet and greet forum...

Anyways, i'm eager to meet you all and i think this will be a warm and good place to share, and for the first few months or even years, gather info about (electric) guitars, lessons and other useful stuff!

Kind regards,

Kenneth

Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, today is a gift, that is why we
call it the present!

Posted : 03/04/2009 5:16 pm
(@dan-t)
Illustrious Member

Welcome to GN! 8)

Dan

"The only way I know that guarantees no mistakes is not to play and that's simply not an option". David Hodge

Posted : 03/04/2009 5:47 pm
(@xylembassguitar)
Trusted Member

Hi Kenneth, welcome to Guitar Noise.

Good luck finding a decent starter electric...I'm sure that we can all give you some tips on finding a good one. Hope to see ya around!

Xylem Handmade Basses and Guitars

Posted : 05/04/2009 8:58 pm
(@twistedlefty)
Famed Member

Welcome to GN!

#4491....

Posted : 06/04/2009 12:08 am
(@elecktrablue)
Famed Member

Welcome to Guitar Noise! We look forward to seeing you around the forums! :D

..· ´¨¨)) -:¦:-
¸.·´ .·´¨¨))
((¸¸.·´ .·´
-:¦:- ((¸¸.·´ -:¦:- Elecktrablue -:¦:-

"Don't wanna ride no shootin' star. Just wanna play on the rhythm guitar." Emmylou Harris, "Rhythm Guitar" from "The Ballad of Sally Rose"

Posted : 08/04/2009 7:40 pm