Clear all

Hi Everyone!

5 Posts
4 Users
0 Likes
(@gemguitar1961)
Topic starter

Hi folks,
I just wanted to put in a quick intro before i jump in on the forum. I got my first guitar when I was 10 and I've been playing ever since (I'm now 50) I'm pretty much self taught aside from guitar class in high school. Today I play a Taylor 215ce which I absolutely love the sound and feel, it fits me perfectly. I also play an Epiphone Les Paul. My 11 year old daughter is following in my footsteps by learning to play, she's go a 3/4 squire and we also have a nice classical guitar that she can learn on too.

Lately I've been interested in learning guitar repair and have done all my own setups and I now have friends entrusting me with their guitars to do minor repairs. But I have a lot to learn so far.

Anyhow, see you on the forum.

Posted : 10/05/2012 2:22 pm
(@aurora)
Trusted Member

Hello and welcome! :)

A guitar has moonlight in it. ~ James M. Cain

Posted : 11/05/2012 2:36 pm
(@ezraplaysezra)
Honorable Member

Hello, '61. I'm pretty new here too and I build and repair guitars as well. If you ever want any tips on reference material, sources or advice let me know. I love playing guitar and writing but I've taken those avenues as far as I'll ever need to as far as personal growth. The last ten years has been all about working on instruments. Welcome.

Posted : 11/05/2012 4:57 pm
 Cat
(@cat)
Noble Member

Okay...Ezra, Cat & Dogbite are all 61...so that's 1281 in dog years. Your 50 makes us...what??? Okay...knowledgeable. Let's go with knowledgeable! GREAT site here on GN...welcome, matey.

Cat

"Feel what you play...play what you feel!"

Posted : 11/05/2012 8:54 pm
(@ezraplaysezra)
Honorable Member

whoa whoa whoa, I was shortening gemguitar1961's name. Although I'd be honored to be in such good company, I am not as long in tooth yet. I'm still on the inexperienced side of forty. I could only hoped to someday be as, ahem, distinguished.

Posted : 11/05/2012 9:27 pm