Clear all

Hi Everyone

12 Posts
12 Users
0 Likes
(@squidward)
Topic starter

Hi Everyone
I have recently joined GN and replied to a few posts so I suppose its about time I introduced my self. I live in Australia in Lake Macquarie (the city not the actual lake) about 160 kms north of Sydney on the east coast.
I started to learn guitar about 20 years ago,I taught myself some theory and a couple of tunes and then lost interest and stopped playing, until about 10 years ago I picked up the guitar and got some lessons. My teacher at the time suggested that I should listen to all the old blues guys Muddy Waters, Howlin' Wolf, the usual suspects to get a bit of background behind me and to fill in some of the picture of were todays music came from. I very quickly became addicted to Johnny Winter, Albert Collins, Hound Dog Taylor, T-Bone Walker.
The problem was listening to so much blues I quickly got seduced by the Harmonica, stopped guitar and took up the harp, which I have been playing for the last nine years.
I picked up my old cheap acoustic a couple of weeks ago and played around with it for a while and decided to put in a few hours practice, and had a ball.
Unfortunatey I dropped it which bashed a hole in the bottom of the guitar near the strap pin and also knocked the top of one of the plastic tuners.
Taking this as a sign I went and bought myself a Cort Earth 100 Lefty and have hardly put it down since. I also have a Yamaha 112 lefty. When I was originally having lessons I had a De Armond M75T lefty, but had to sell it due to arthritis which has since calmed down a bit, and I am able to play again.
I'm really glad to have found GN and hope to be able to be a regular poster.
My favourite food is Beer
My musical tastes go from Classical to the Ramones, Jello Biafra, Muddy Waters, Little Walter, Sonny Boy Williamson, Smashing Pumpkins, it would probably be quicker to list the music I don't like.

Anyway thats a quick rundown on me.
Remember to be nice to cephalopods!!

"It's pretty clear now that what looked like it might have been some kind of counterculture is, in reality, just the plain old chaos of undifferentiated weirdness."
- Jerry Garcia

Have A nice Life
Squidward

Posted : 10/07/2007 4:17 am
 Taso
(@taso)
Famed Member

welcome to GN Squidward! :D

http://taso.dmusic.com/music/

Posted : 10/07/2007 4:38 am
 Bish
(@bish)
Famed Member

Welcome to the forums, Squidward. 8)

Bish

"I play live as playing dead is harder than it sounds!"

Posted : 10/07/2007 4:46 am
(@dan-t)
Illustrious Member

Welcome aboard Squidward! 8) Wanna go jellyfishing? :lol: :wink:

Dan

"The only way I know that guarantees no mistakes is not to play and that's simply not an option". David Hodge

Posted : 10/07/2007 11:23 am
(@vic-lewis-vl)
Illustrious Member

Welcome to GN, Squidward! Quite a few Aussies here already, you should fit right in.
my favourite food is beer Now there's a man with his priorities right! Please tell me you're not a XXXX man though......

:D :D :D

Vic

"Sometimes the beauty of music can help us all find strength to deal with all the curves life can throw us." (D. Hodge.)

Posted : 10/07/2007 11:32 am
(@welshman)
Estimable Member

Welcome aboard squidward - they're a decent bunch of folk here and on the whole pretty tame ;-)

Enjoy

D

What did the guitarist do when he was told to turn on his amp?
He caressed it softly and told it that he loved it.

Posted : 10/07/2007 12:16 pm
(@elecktrablue)
Famed Member

Welcome to GuitarNoise, Squidward! We look forward to seeing you around the forums! :D

..· ´¨¨)) -:¦:-
¸.·´ .·´¨¨))
((¸¸.·´ .·´
-:¦:- ((¸¸.·´ -:¦:- Elecktrablue -:¦:-

"Don't wanna ride no shootin' star. Just wanna play on the rhythm guitar." Emmylou Harris, "Rhythm Guitar" from "The Ballad of Sally Rose"

Posted : 10/07/2007 1:25 pm
 Nuno
(@nuno)
Famed Member

Welcome to GN Squidward! 8)

Posted : 10/07/2007 3:21 pm
(@denny)
Reputable Member

Hi Squidward. Welcome to GN, and welcome back to the guitar.

Denny

Posted : 10/07/2007 5:05 pm
(@causnorign)
Honorable Member

Welcome to the GN forums.

Posted : 10/07/2007 10:27 pm
(@chuckster)
Prominent Member

Welcome to GN, Squidward.

Good to have you aboard.

8)

I've had a lot of sobering thoughts in my time.
It was them that turned me to drink.

Posted : 16/07/2007 5:29 pm
(@twistedlefty)
Famed Member

Welcome to GN!

#4491....

Posted : 19/07/2007 10:28 pm