Notifications
Clear all

Hi from Arkansas

15 Posts
9 Users
0 Likes
(@gorobei28)
Topic starter

Hello everyone. My name is Mandy. I am new to guitarnoise and to guitar playing. I have had my guitar for a year, but have only recently started seriously practicing :oops: . I have an Ibanez RG for anyone who wants to know. My guitar idol is Tom Morello and if I can ever play 1/4 as good as he I would be one happy camper!

I have looked over several different threads and although a lot of it is "greek" to me, I look forward to learning. I also look forward to getting to know others here while doing so. :P

Oh and I forgot to mention I am playing left handed guitar. So if there are any lefties out there who would like to give me some tips I'd really appreciate it.

Posted : 25/07/2006 2:37 pm
(@banre)
Reputable Member

Welcome to GN!

And it was all greek to us too, at the beginning. Just keep plugging away, learning one new thing a day, and you'll be playing Morello in no time. You should check out "Set It Off". Very "riffy" song and fairly easy to play.

Here is a video lesson for it: http://freelicks.net/Audioslave_set_it_off1.htm

Unseen Evidence
UE Reverb Nation Page

Posted : 25/07/2006 4:16 pm
(@gorobei28)
Topic starter

Oh cool thanks! I am definately checking that out when I get home tonight.

Posted : 25/07/2006 4:52 pm
(@97reb)
Noble Member

Welcome, Mandy. There are plenty of lefties here, so they should be able to give you guidance specific for lefties. Having never played lefty, I still think it is all just guitar. If you have a lefty guitar just think of picking hand and fretting hand, not right or left when some people say things.

It is a small world for metal fanatics. I welcome you fellow musicians, especially the metalheads!

Posted : 25/07/2006 5:48 pm
(@elecktrablue)
Famed Member

Welcome to GuitarNoise, Mandy! We look forward to seeing you around the forums! :D

..· ´¨¨)) -:¦:-
¸.·´ .·´¨¨))
((¸¸.·´ .·´
-:¦:- ((¸¸.·´ -:¦:- Elecktrablue -:¦:-

"Don't wanna ride no shootin' star. Just wanna play on the rhythm guitar." Emmylou Harris, "Rhythm Guitar" from "The Ballad of Sally Rose"

Posted : 25/07/2006 11:02 pm
(@dan-t)
Illustrious Member

Hi Mandy!

Glad to have you on board. 8)

See you around the forums!

Dan

"The only way I know that guarantees no mistakes is not to play and that's simply not an option". David Hodge

Posted : 26/07/2006 1:19 am
 geoo
(@geoo)
Famed Member

Just keep plugging away, learning one new thing a day, and you'll be playing Morello in no time.

Yep, he's right. Just keep telling yourself that as long as you practice it regularly then at some point in your life you will be atleast as good as any of your guitar hero's

Good luck
Geoo

“The hardest thing in life is to know which bridge to cross and which to burn” - David Russell (Scottish classical Guitarist. b.1942)

Posted : 26/07/2006 10:28 am
(@gorobei28)
Topic starter

Thanks for the welcome and encouragement everyone. I am so glad I found this place!

Posted : 26/07/2006 10:32 am
(@barnabus-rox)
Famed Member

hi and welcome

Here is to you as good as you are
And here is to me as bad as I am
As good as you are and as bad as I am
I'm as good as you are as bad as I am

Posted : 26/07/2006 11:07 am
(@soju04)
Eminent Member

Welcome Mandy!

What part of Arkansas, I'm originally from Magazine myself? Nice to see another Razorback on the forums.

Posted : 26/07/2006 5:12 pm
(@gorobei28)
Topic starter

I'm from Russellville, ever heard of it?

Posted : 26/07/2006 7:57 pm
(@soju04)
Eminent Member

I'm from Russellville, ever heard of it?

Sure, been through there plenty of times on my way to Little Rock.

http://maps.google.com/maps?daddr=Russellville,+AR+%4035.278333,-93.133611&saddr=430+coleman+rd+magazine,+ar&f=li&cid=&ie=UTF8&om=1

Posted : 27/07/2006 7:51 pm
(@gorobei28)
Topic starter

Well soju it's good to find another Arkansan. Almost any forum I have ever been in I have always been the only Arkie.

Posted : 28/07/2006 1:43 am
(@soju04)
Eminent Member

Well soju it's good to find another Arkansan. Almost any forum I have ever been in I have always been the only Arkie.

Again welcome, I'm a relative newbie to playing myself and I also try to play an Ibanez. This is the best site I've found to help a newcomer out. There is a ton of info here and everyone is willing to help with any questions you have. Good luck to you and tear it up.

Posted : 28/07/2006 12:29 pm
(@twistedlefty)
Famed Member

welcome to GN, i've spent a lot of time in the Buffalo National River area and also around Mt. Petit Jean

#4491....

Posted : 28/07/2006 2:12 pm