Notifications
Clear all

Hi from snowy NC!

12 Posts
11 Users
0 Likes
(@higglesworth)
Topic starter

I don't get to say the "snowy" part very often so I just had to use it. My name is Daniel and I just recently found this site and started playing again. I started with the guitar in the 7th grade (I'm 27 now), and played pretty much every day until 1999 or so. Played with some people, played some shows in town, had a blast but never really "got it" I guess. I was a wicked good mimick, not a real musician is the way I'd like to put it. Anyhow, I stopped cold right around 2000 for whatever reason, and just recently started to want to play again.

This time, I am starting from scratch all over again...trying to learn proper technique, and be precise rather than fast and sloppy as I was before. I actually bought a metronome, which is something I had never considered doing in the past! Luckily for me, I still have all my gear from when I was playing a lot, which consists of an original tweed covered Fender Blues DeVille (4x10) which desperately needs new tubes, an ashe body American Deluxe Strat, a cheap Ibanez acoustic, and my little Marshall practice amp.

Anyhow, I just wanted to introduce myself and say hello. I spent the better part of yesterday browsing the forums, and everyone seems very cool and willing to help each other which is pretty awesome! Cheers!

Posted : 20/01/2008 1:59 pm
(@elecktrablue)
Famed Member

Welcome to Guitar Noise, Higglesworth! We look forward to seeing you around the forums! :D

..· ´¨¨)) -:¦:-
¸.·´ .·´¨¨))
((¸¸.·´ .·´
-:¦:- ((¸¸.·´ -:¦:- Elecktrablue -:¦:-

"Don't wanna ride no shootin' star. Just wanna play on the rhythm guitar." Emmylou Harris, "Rhythm Guitar" from "The Ballad of Sally Rose"

Posted : 20/01/2008 4:24 pm
(@katmetal)
Prominent Member

Hi higglesworth,

Welcome to GN! Good to hear that you are picking up the guitar again!
Cheers, katmetal :)

Posted : 20/01/2008 7:10 pm
(@crkt246)
Honorable Member

Welcome Daniel it was'int that snow over here at RDU.

Posted : 21/01/2008 8:41 am
 Glee
(@glee)
Estimable Member

Hi! Welcome to GN

Tim

Posted : 21/01/2008 10:36 am
(@twistedlefty)
Famed Member

Welcome to GN!

#4491....

Posted : 21/01/2008 11:37 am
(@rparker)
Illustrious Member

Welcome to GN!

I love these southern snow storms. Snowed here solid for 7 hours and all's we got was 1/2 inch on the ground. :D

Roy
"I wonder if a composer ever intentionally composed a piece that was physically impossible to play and stuck it away to be found years later after his death, knowing it would forever drive perfectionist musicians crazy." - George Carlin

Posted : 21/01/2008 2:02 pm
(@misanthrope)
Noble Member

Welcome!

ChordsAndScales.co.uk - Guitar Chord/Scale Finder/Viewer

Posted : 21/01/2008 2:06 pm
(@blueline)
Noble Member

Howdy!

Teamwork- A few harmless flakes working together can unleash an avalanche of destruction.

Posted : 21/01/2008 4:33 pm
(@higglesworth)
Topic starter

Thanks for the greetings, everyone! Off to play a little after work and unwind!

Posted : 21/01/2008 9:32 pm
(@dan-t)
Illustrious Member

Welcome aboard! 8)

Dan

"The only way I know that guarantees no mistakes is not to play and that's simply not an option". David Hodge

Posted : 21/01/2008 11:20 pm
(@97reb)
Noble Member

Hellooooo, Higglesworth. From Charlotte, Myself. Are you doing lessons, books, mags, or jamming with friends?

It is a small world for metal fanatics. I welcome you fellow musicians, especially the metalheads!

Posted : 06/02/2008 11:24 pm