Clear all

Hi from Sweden

17 Posts
12 Users
0 Likes
(@kaspen)
Trusted Member
Topic starter

I'm a 24 year old guy. I take lessons and I teach guitar at the same time. I've done some short tours and a couple of CD's. My axe of choice is either a Gibson Les Paul or a Stratocaster. Lately I'm playing alot of stratocaster, and I use Vox Ac30tb exclusively these days. I've studied at a couple of music schools for a total of 3 years, and this fall I'm moving to LA to attend GIT. The music I'm into these days is jazz, fusion and country. My roots are metal and rock. I grew up with Van Halen and later I studied Dimebag, but these days I'm working on my clean stratocaster-licks. I worship guitarists like Verheyen, Danny Gatton, Eric Johnson and people like that.

I'm here to help and get help. I'm by no means the best guitarist in the world but I can hold my own, and hopefully help out with some stuff. I'm not that good at equipment, but I know alot about how to actually play and I hope I can contribute.

Take care dudes! Nice to be a part of the forum!

Posted : 04/06/2007 1:59 pm
 geoo
(@geoo)
Famed Member

Hey Kaspen

Looking forward to having you around. I'm struggling through learning but I am a supporter/comic here at GN. I should have an official title. :lol: Anyways, it will be great reading your responses here.

Jim

“The hardest thing in life is to know which bridge to cross and which to burn” - David Russell (Scottish classical Guitarist. b.1942)

Posted : 04/06/2007 2:02 pm
(@vic-lewis-vl)
Illustrious Member

Hi Kaspen, and welcome to GN! Always nice to have another experienced guitarist around whose brains we can pick!

:D :D :D

Vic

"Sometimes the beauty of music can help us all find strength to deal with all the curves life can throw us." (D. Hodge.)

Posted : 04/06/2007 2:03 pm
(@kaspen)
Trusted Member
Topic starter

Cool! Whatever I can do to help out. And I hope I'm free to pick your brains aswell! This is easily the best forum for guitarists that I've ever seen, so I'm honored to be a part of it!

Posted : 04/06/2007 2:15 pm
(@dan-t)
Illustrious Member

I'm struggling through learning but I am a supporter/comic here at GN.

:lol: !

Welcome aboard Kaspen! See you around the boards! 8)

Dan

"The only way I know that guarantees no mistakes is not to play and that's simply not an option". David Hodge

Posted : 04/06/2007 2:22 pm
(@elecktrablue)
Famed Member

Welcome to GuitarNoise, Kaspen! We look forward to seeing you around the forums! :D

..· ´¨¨)) -:¦:-
¸.·´ .·´¨¨))
((¸¸.·´ .·´
-:¦:- ((¸¸.·´ -:¦:- Elecktrablue -:¦:-

"Don't wanna ride no shootin' star. Just wanna play on the rhythm guitar." Emmylou Harris, "Rhythm Guitar" from "The Ballad of Sally Rose"

Posted : 04/06/2007 2:24 pm
 Nuno
(@nuno)
Famed Member

Hi Kaspen! :D

Welcome to GN!

Posted : 04/06/2007 4:33 pm
(@chuckster)
Prominent Member

Welcome to GN, Kaspen.

Good to have you aboard.

8)

I've had a lot of sobering thoughts in my time.
It was them that turned me to drink.

Posted : 04/06/2007 5:40 pm
 Bish
(@bish)
Famed Member

Welcome to GN, Kaspen!! 8)

Bish

"I play live as playing dead is harder than it sounds!"

Posted : 04/06/2007 6:26 pm
(@denny)
Reputable Member

Hi Kaspen. Welcome to GN. Good luck at GIT.

Denny

Posted : 05/06/2007 2:55 am
(@kaspen)
Trusted Member
Topic starter

I have returned!

I'm now settled with a serious girlfriend here in LA and I play frequently around here. I also do some studio sessions. I would say that by now i'm also semi-fluent in guitar reading and in music theory, so I think I can be of even more help now. I also have a good internet connection, finally, so I'll hang here and help out as much as I can!

PS, I abandoned my strat for a Musicman Luke Ball family Reserve. Best guitar I've ever tried.

Posted : 30/09/2008 12:40 am
 Nuno
(@nuno)
Famed Member

Welcome back! 8)

Posted : 30/09/2008 4:47 pm
(@jackss565)
Reputable Member

Welcome back.

Posted : 30/09/2008 5:12 pm
 KR2
(@kr2)
Famed Member

I have returned!
PS, I abandoned my strat for a Musicman Luke Ball family Reserve. Best guitar I've ever tried.
Pictures of guitar please . . . and girlfriend, thank you.

Welcome back,
KR2

It's the rock that gives the stream its music . . . and the stream that gives the rock its roll.

Posted : 30/09/2008 5:53 pm
(@twistedlefty)
Famed Member

Welcome (back) to GN forums!

#4491....

Posted : 01/10/2008 9:52 am
Page 1 / 2