Notifications
Clear all

Hi, I'm Anna

11 Posts
11 Users
0 Likes
(@annatheangry)
Topic starter

My name is Anna, I'm 13. I started playing guitar about a week ago :D. I've always wanted to play, but I can't read notes very well, but I recently discovered tabs, which convinced me to try it.

My guitar's name is Salvador.

Posted : 25/07/2006 3:36 pm
(@gorobei28)

Hi Anna my name is Mandy. I am new here and at guitar as well. Nice to meet you. :D

Posted : 25/07/2006 3:50 pm
(@banre)
Reputable Member

Welcome to GN, ladies.

Ask, and most everyone will be happy to give answers, right or wrong :lol:

Unseen Evidence
UE Reverb Nation Page

Posted : 25/07/2006 4:22 pm
(@97reb)
Noble Member

Welcome, Anna and Mandy. Like banre says, ask and you'll get answers. Sometimes they may not make sense, sometimes they will be quite clear. Remember, there are no stupid questions. Most important of all, Have Fun!

It is a small world for metal fanatics. I welcome you fellow musicians, especially the metalheads!

Posted : 25/07/2006 5:44 pm
(@elecktrablue)
Famed Member

Welcome to GuitarNoise, Anna! We look forward to seeing you around the forums! :D

..· ´¨¨)) -:¦:-
¸.·´ .·´¨¨))
((¸¸.·´ .·´
-:¦:- ((¸¸.·´ -:¦:- Elecktrablue -:¦:-

"Don't wanna ride no shootin' star. Just wanna play on the rhythm guitar." Emmylou Harris, "Rhythm Guitar" from "The Ballad of Sally Rose"

Posted : 25/07/2006 11:03 pm
(@dan-t)
Illustrious Member

Welcome aboard Anna!

Have fun! 8)

Dan

"The only way I know that guarantees no mistakes is not to play and that's simply not an option". David Hodge

Posted : 26/07/2006 1:16 am
(@redrainripper)
Trusted Member

Welcome fellow newbie! Congrats on the endeavor of learning the geetar

Meet my two loves:

Meg and Suzy Lee

Posted : 26/07/2006 2:31 am
(@valleykayaker)

Hi Anna and Mandy. I am also a beginner and new to the forums. Anna, I saw your post on the beginner forum and totally agree with Fretsource and RedRainRipper about first getting your guitar into shape. I have been self teaching myself for the last couple of months but have started to look into taking at least a few lessons to get a good grounding and also to not pick up any bad habits. You mentioned that you don't know how to read music. I started about a month ago to learn reading/music theory. I got a copy of Noteboats ( Tom Serb) "Music Theory for Guitarists", it is an excellent book that I recommend. I also have found one by Alfred Publishing Co., "Theory for the Contemporary Guitarist" by Guy Capuzzo. You can get it at Barnes & Noble or Border's (the ISBN is 0-7390-1306-8). To me learning this has made things fall into place easier, such as why and how chords are formed, how the musical scales work and basically how and why music works ( I hope that makes sense). I wish you both good luck and fun times in learning to play. Jerry :D

Posted : 26/07/2006 7:45 am
 geoo
(@geoo)
Famed Member

Welcome to GN Anna and Mandy

Geoo

“The hardest thing in life is to know which bridge to cross and which to burn” - David Russell (Scottish classical Guitarist. b.1942)

Posted : 26/07/2006 10:26 am
(@barnabus-rox)
Famed Member

hi Anna

no need to be angry here :lol: :lol: :lol:

welcome

Here is to you as good as you are
And here is to me as bad as I am
As good as you are and as bad as I am
I'm as good as you are as bad as I am

Posted : 26/07/2006 11:18 am
(@mrjonesey)
Honorable Member

Remember, there are no stupid questions.

Very true. There are only stupid people who ask questions.

Welcome and enjoy!

"There won't be any money. But when you die, on your death bed, you will receive total conciousness. So, I got that going for me. Which is nice." - Bill Murray, Caddyshack ~~ Michigan Music Dojo - http://michiganmusicdojo.com ~~

Posted : 26/07/2006 12:44 pm