Notifications
Clear all

Hi - Newbie from UK

13 Posts
8 Users
0 Likes
(@morrisminordriver)
Topic starter

Hi - I came across your site when Googling for some info on tone bars / steels , Im just getting onto playing a bit of lapsteel.
Im from central south UK and been playing guitar for 30+ years. Also play Dobro and Mandolin and am trying out violin too.Just found this site and signed up. Mainly into acoustic blues and related stuff.
Nice to meet you all!
Regards, Mike
Oh and by the way - here is "Benny" my Morris Minor:

Posted : 14/04/2008 6:29 pm
(@elecktrablue)
Famed Member

Welcome to Guitar Noise, Mike! We look forward to seeing you around the forums! :D

..· ´¨¨)) -:¦:-
¸.·´ .·´¨¨))
((¸¸.·´ .·´
-:¦:- ((¸¸.·´ -:¦:- Elecktrablue -:¦:-

"Don't wanna ride no shootin' star. Just wanna play on the rhythm guitar." Emmylou Harris, "Rhythm Guitar" from "The Ballad of Sally Rose"

Posted : 14/04/2008 6:39 pm
(@katmetal)
Prominent Member

Welcome aboard! :)

Posted : 14/04/2008 8:36 pm
(@misanthrope)
Noble Member

Welcome! *waves from down the road*

ChordsAndScales.co.uk - Guitar Chord/Scale Finder/Viewer

Posted : 14/04/2008 9:37 pm
 geoo
(@geoo)
Famed Member

Hey welcome to Guitar Noise. Glad to have you here.

Jim

“The hardest thing in life is to know which bridge to cross and which to burn” - David Russell (Scottish classical Guitarist. b.1942)

Posted : 15/04/2008 1:16 am
(@rahul)
Famed Member

Welcome to GN !

Can we have a ride in your morris minor ?

Posted : 15/04/2008 7:23 am
(@vic-lewis-vl)
Illustrious Member

Welcome to GN, Mike, from the grey north-west.....

That's a lovely old "Moggie" - what year is it?

:D :D :D

Vic

"Sometimes the beauty of music can help us all find strength to deal with all the curves life can throw us." (D. Hodge.)

Posted : 15/04/2008 3:51 pm
(@morrisminordriver)
Topic starter

Thanks for the greeting folks...

Vic - the Traveller is a '67, Rahul - I'd be happy to give you a lift but alas couldnt afford the fuel to get you home :lol:

Misanthrope - I work in the centre of Southampton, whereabouts are you?. I used to gig in Southampton regularly up till the end of 2004 in a blues duo with Bob Pearce.

Cheers, Mike.

Posted : 15/04/2008 6:07 pm
(@misanthrope)
Noble Member

I'm in the far end of Woolston, just around the corner from the shore.

{i]The Bob Pearce? Maybe you're being just a tad modest calling yourself a newbie? ;)

ChordsAndScales.co.uk - Guitar Chord/Scale Finder/Viewer

Posted : 15/04/2008 10:03 pm
(@vic-lewis-vl)
Illustrious Member

I'm in the far end of Woolston, just around the corner from the shore.

{i]The Bob Pearce? Maybe you're being just a tad modest calling yourself a newbie? ;)

He did say he'd been playing 30+ years.........

Vic

"Sometimes the beauty of music can help us all find strength to deal with all the curves life can throw us." (D. Hodge.)

Posted : 16/04/2008 12:07 am
(@blueline)
Noble Member

Howdy!
Enjoy your stay!

Teamwork- A few harmless flakes working together can unleash an avalanche of destruction.

Posted : 16/04/2008 7:42 pm
(@morrisminordriver)
Topic starter

Hi Misanthrope,

Yes it was with "the" Bob Pearce - we did 10+ years together, Bob still plays some, more Gospel than blues these days though.
I run an acoustic blues evening at my local pub and having had Carpal Tunnel surgery on both hands am hoping to get back gigging sometime later this year.
Cheers, Mike.

Posted : 19/04/2008 9:10 pm
(@vic-lewis-vl)
Illustrious Member

having had Carpal Tunnel surgery on both hands am hoping to get back gigging sometime later this year.

Ouch, ouch, OUCH! Had more than my share of hand injuries - mostly since I decided to get serious with guitar! - so you got my sympathies. Hope the recovery goes well, and look forward to soundbites/video clips of future gigs.

All the best,

Vic

Posted : 19/04/2008 10:17 pm