Clear all

Hi there!

5 Posts
4 Users
0 Reactions
(@melody)
Eminent Member
Topic starter

Great site here, wow! Looks to be just about anything and everything a person could want. :D
I play a bit and would like to get better, seem to have found myself on a bit of a plateau and could use some pointers. Not so sure how much actual talent I have but I love to play. I also do a bit of songwriting, which is the reason I picked up the guitar in the first place. Haven't been at any of it too terribly long....but have become rather an addict!

Posted : 22/11/2009 7:24 am
(@dan-t)
Illustrious Member

Welcome aboard Melody! 8)

Check out the songwriting forums. New people are always welcome. :D

"The only way I know that guarantees no mistakes is not to play and that's simply not an option". David Hodge

Posted : 22/11/2009 12:44 pm
(@elecktrablue)
Famed Member

Welcome to Guitar Noise! We look forward to seeing you around the forums! :D

..· ´¨¨)) -:¦:-
¸.·´ .·´¨¨))
((¸¸.·´ .·´
-:¦:- ((¸¸.·´ -:¦:- Elecktrablue -:¦:-

"Don't wanna ride no shootin' star. Just wanna play on the rhythm guitar." Emmylou Harris, "Rhythm Guitar" from "The Ballad of Sally Rose"

Posted : 22/11/2009 6:46 pm
(@melody)
Eminent Member
Topic starter

Thanks for the welcome!

Just checked out a post with some toilet paper stands and then the matching toilet seat guitar! :lol: Seems to be a very good sense of humour around here as well as talent.

The lessons, simple songs to play, are fantastic. I took a few lessons to begin with, think I majored in 'Miscommunication', scrapped the lessons and have been teaching myself since. These are excellent, explanations resonate with my thinking, and are exactly what I have been looking for. Thank you!

Mel

Posted : 24/11/2009 2:58 pm
(@vic-lewis-vl)
Illustrious Member

Hi Melody, and welcome to GN. Saw a post of yours in the songwriter's forum, impressed with the commonsense practical approach you take to writing and the advice you gave. Stick around, maybe drop in on the Sunday Songwriters Group...Look forward to hearing, and reading, more from you.

All the best,

:D :D :D

Vic

"Sometimes the beauty of music can help us all find strength to deal with all the curves life can throw us." (D. Hodge.)

Posted : 25/11/2009 12:40 am