Clear all

Hi there!

4 Posts
3 Users
0 Likes
(@staffan)
Estimable Member
Topic starter

I just realised that I haven´t introduced myself properly, and that seems to be customary so 'ere goes:

Proffesionaly, I´m a Project Manager working with IT-development for a big insurance company in Stockholm, Sweden.

Privately, I´m a guitar-addict who´s been playing for about six years. I´ve always loved music, in particular the guitar, but I got the idea that I had no musical "sense" whatsoever, after flunking som 4/4-lesson on the drums way back in school when I was about 8 years old. But, as time went on, I saw lots and lots of people who had managed to learn how to play the guitar, so I thought - what the heck, I´ll give it a try. And - big surprise - it turns out that I can learn how to play! Okay, I´m certainly not the fastest learner (by far) but still - I´m in no rush 8)

My musical preferences are very wide, I like all kinds of music. But I feel I have to mention one guy in particular that has impressed the heck out of me, as I´ve scurried through his discography: Frank Zappa! This guy was just fenomenal; as a guitar player, but also as a song writer/composer and lyrics writer as well. I´ve never come across anyone near his creativity and feel for music. Quite fascinating! If you haven´t made yourself familiar with mr. Zappa - I strongly suggest you do. But - beware - his records are very different from each other, so you can´t really discard him after only hearing, oh say "Jazz From Hell" :lol:

Apart from that I like something out of almost every kind of genre there is: Rock, Blues, Reggae, Heavy Metal, (some) pop, Rap, (some) house/techno - there´s great music everywhere!

Well, that´s a short "introduction" of me.

I´ll be hanging around here.

Best Regards,
/Staffan

AAAFNRAA
- Electric Don Quixote -

Posted : 13/04/2010 1:18 pm
(@blue-jay)
Noble Member

Hello, and welcome! :D

Like a bird on the wire,
like a drunk in a midnight choir
I have tried in my way to be free.

Posted : 13/04/2010 6:20 pm
(@staffan)
Estimable Member
Topic starter

Hello, and welcome! :D

Thanks!

I also wanted to add, to my earlier note about Frank Zappa, som nice tips for any guitarist who has´nt been properly "introduced" to the man with the moustache 8)

So, here are some "guitar-loaded gems" from Zappas vast record-catalogue (my opinion of course):
Zoot Allures
Apostrophe (´)
Guitar (all instrumental double-CD)
Shut up ´n play yer guitar (all instrumental double-CD)
Sheik yer bouti
Joes Garage, Acts II & III (The track "Watermelon in easter hay" might just be the most beautiful guitar solo ever!)

Check it out and make yourself happy :mrgreen:

AAAFNRAA
- Electric Don Quixote -

Posted : 14/04/2010 12:49 pm
(@dan-t)
Illustrious Member

Welcome aboard Staffan! 8)

"The only way I know that guarantees no mistakes is not to play and that's simply not an option". David Hodge

Posted : 02/05/2010 12:04 pm