Clear all

I'm back!!

9 Posts
7 Users
0 Likes
(@cyranodb)
Estimable Member
Topic starter

Hi there guys and dolls. Just sort of re-introducing myself to the guitar noise community. I've been gone for a long bit. I sort of got frustrated and gave up the guitar thing but then I got a couple more DVDs to teach myself and picked it up again so I figured I better come back, tail between my legs and say hello agaon. man...lots of changes to the old board. I got a new guitar, a mexican standard strat. Got a new amp, the blues Jr., and I'm set to put new texas specials in the strat to get a ruder sound. I can't play that good yet, but I think I've gotten a bit better and ready to introduce myself on the Long Island blues scene as soon as I'm doing better (got some sort of bug that's knocked me out for a few weeks). I'm looking to hit local open jams when I can and ready to learn whatever someone will teach me. Best wishes and see you guys and gals around the boards.

Mike

"I use heavy strings, tune low, play hard and floor it. Floor it, that's a technical term." - SRV

Posted : 21/01/2008 1:56 pm
(@misanthrope)
Noble Member

Welcome back, Mike!

ChordsAndScales.co.uk - Guitar Chord/Scale Finder/Viewer

Posted : 21/01/2008 2:05 pm
 Glee
(@glee)
Estimable Member

i went through the same thing. welcome back

Tim

Posted : 21/01/2008 4:57 pm
(@twistedlefty)
Famed Member

good to hear, Welcome back

#4491....

Posted : 21/01/2008 6:50 pm
(@dan-t)
Illustrious Member

Hey, Mike's back! :D

Dan

"The only way I know that guarantees no mistakes is not to play and that's simply not an option". David Hodge

Posted : 21/01/2008 11:19 pm
(@cyranodb)
Estimable Member
Topic starter

Hi Dan. Hi everyone. Thanks for the well wishes. I don't know why I put the guitar stuff away. I guess it was out of frustration but I'm hoping to work through that and keep at it.

"I use heavy strings, tune low, play hard and floor it. Floor it, that's a technical term." - SRV

Posted : 24/01/2008 12:20 pm
(@katmetal)
Prominent Member

Welcome back; sometimes a layoff can be good, you can gain a new perspective on things when you return to it. Good luck & most importantly, have fun!!! :mrgreen:

Posted : 24/01/2008 7:28 pm
(@classico)
Estimable Member

I totally agree with katmetal, it get's frustrating when you feel like you strike roots in your guitar playing and can't move foreword... sometimes it's good to take a step back and remained yourself why you took up the guitar in the first place :D

welcome back! :mrgreen:

Posted : 24/01/2008 8:34 pm
(@cyranodb)
Estimable Member
Topic starter

I totally agree with katmetal, it get's frustrating when you feel like you strike roots in your guitar playing and can't move foreword... sometimes it's good to take a step back and remained yourself why you took up the guitar in the first place :D

yeah...to meet women. so much for that :roll:

Posted : 24/01/2008 11:51 pm