Clear all

I'm back, been awhile!

4 Posts
4 Users
0 Likes
(@racetruck1)
Honorable Member
Topic starter

It's been a couple of years since I've been here. Lots of health and financial problems got in the way. Actually hadn't played guitar at all for about two years. But we are a little more settled now and I can get back to doing something to keep my sanity again!

We lost our house in the mortgage crisis, I had to sell just about all my gear but I kept my Washburn acoustic and my Buckel custom electric, gone are the Gibsons, Marshalls and (REALLY unfortunately) my beloved Traynor Mark III amp. Am looking for a cheap amp to play the Buckel. Otherwise I will enjoy the Washburn.

Went a couple of years without a telephone let alone the internet. I had my arm rebuilt after breaking it a few years ago and it not healing properly. My wife has Parkinsons disease and dealing with that and her other problems took a lot of time and patience but we are through the worst of it I think. For awhile, I couldn't even afford a set of strings!

But now I'm back and am looking forward to participating again, I really missed this place! :D

When I die, I want to go peacefully in my sleep like my grandfather, not screaming......
like the passengers in his car.

Posted : 29/11/2011 4:55 am
(@rocket-dog)
Reputable Member

Blumin eck, that is terrible! I am so sorry to hear your story. You have had it tough. Hope things are on the up though for you.

Posted : 29/11/2011 8:53 am
(@hobson)
Noble Member

Since I've only been hanging around here a couple of years, I don't know you, but I hope you'll stick around. A lot of us have been through periods when we didn't feel like making music. You certainly have a world of reasons for that. Welcome back to guitar and GN.

Renee

Posted : 29/11/2011 4:28 pm
(@boxboy)
Noble Member

Welcome back, racetruck!
Sorry to hear of the miserable stretch of bad fortune that's kept you away.
I've never forgotten the story you told of an older lady offering you a primo vintage guitar as payment for some work...you couldn't accept knowing it was worth much more than she knew. If I remember right you helped her sell it at fair value? I hope some of that good Karma lands on your doorstep starting tomorrow. 8)

Don

Posted : 29/11/2011 7:59 pm