Notifications
Clear all

Im the "New Guy"

7 Posts
3 Users
0 Likes
(@smizouse)
Topic starter

I've been a begginer guitar player for 20 + years. I have recently retired and started practicing the guitar with more drive then ever before. I can't remember when I built up caluses that would last longer then a week. I would always try to learn and get discouraged then put the guitar down for a month, even sometimes for a year. I am very serious about the guitar now and want to learn everything possible. I happened to find your site and spent an hour reading about Scales and Modes. The music theory about scales, it is the first time I actually made some sense of the guitar. I actually think I found my new home here on Guitar Noise. I am trying to keep my discipline and practice every day. I want to make sure not to pick up bad habits, I want to, at some point be able to listen to a song and be able to play it. It has always been my dream to be able to play the guitar, I think now I have a shot.
Thank You!!
Jim Smouse

Posted : 17/06/2010 10:38 pm
(@twistedfingers)
Honorable Member

YAY! Welcome to Guitar Noise.

Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming -- "WOW--What a Ride!"

Posted : 17/06/2010 11:37 pm
(@smizouse)
Topic starter

That is a great way to look at the jurney of life! Hope you don't mind, but I feel the need to post that on my Facebook status.

Posted : 18/06/2010 7:49 pm
(@twistedfingers)
Honorable Member

That is a great way to look at the jurney of life! Hope you don't mind, but I feel the need to post that on my Facebook status.

Sure, go ahead I use it on mine there as well. So how is ol' Clarksville town? I spent 89-92 there while assigned to the 101st. Did a lot of living at the Gold Nugget, Cow Palace, Bob & Deb's and occassionally Mona's.

Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming -- "WOW--What a Ride!"

Posted : 18/06/2010 9:18 pm
(@smizouse)
Topic starter

Iv'e been here since 2000, I don't recognize any of those places. This town is growing fast. Tiny Town road is now 4 lanes. They are building up exit 1 real fast (Trenton & Tiny Town). We even have a 16 theater there. Oak Grove is starting to grow as well, they just built a Wal-mart on 41A & 911behind Charlies steak house (still the best steak in town). The flood we had last month totally destroyed the riverfront all along Riverside drive. I think I have a pic that would show you how bad it was, shoot me your email and I'll send them to you, [email protected] my name is Jim Smouse. Talk at you soon. Peace Out.

Posted : 18/06/2010 9:43 pm
(@twistedfingers)
Honorable Member

Wow! Tiny town is a 4 lane? Man I remember screaming around that curve in a hopped up 400 trans am this gal I knew was looking to buy. At least Charlie's is still there. A Wal-mart? In Hoptown? Lol, used to be only place to go there was G's Pancake house and that was usually after the bars closed. Email is on it's way.

Posted : 18/06/2010 10:13 pm
(@blueline)
Noble Member

Welcome aboard!

Teamwork- A few harmless flakes working together can unleash an avalanche of destruction.

Posted : 30/06/2010 3:07 am