Notifications
Clear all

It should be obvious...

5 Posts
5 Users
0 Likes
(@raggae_mortis)
Topic starter

I'm Kim, I'm 20, and I'm from Illinois. I have a 7-string electric which was given to me on my 16th birthday. I played it a little but was frustrated with the 7th string being more of decoration than anything else since I didn't know what I was doing. Later I picked up an acoustic/electric and I started playing a little more. I am still aweful but that doesn't stop me from trying.
I like Van Halen, Rush, etc. but I'll play anything as long as it will help me improve or teach me something. My friend and I are currently trying to play classical guitar because her sister is taking lessons in it and we like to mooch (mostly because we're poor).
I also play piano and I took a semester of drum lessons because I could and learned that I do not have rhythm. I still have fun trying though.
I also just learned that this website effectively distracts me from school work (or anything else) for long periods of time. Thanks! :wink:

Posted : 26/09/2007 3:50 am
(@dan-t)
Illustrious Member

Hi Kim, welcome aboard! 8)

Dan

"The only way I know that guarantees no mistakes is not to play and that's simply not an option". David Hodge

Posted : 26/09/2007 11:20 am
(@katmetal)
Prominent Member

Hi Kim, welcome to GN! Never give up on honing those fine musical skills!
Cheers, katmetal :)

Posted : 26/09/2007 11:25 am
(@sgincyqx)
Honorable Member

Welcome Kim!

Ewan McGregor: I said, "Eve, I want you to look after my wedding ring while I'm away," and she started to cry and I said, "Eve. Eve, I can't wear my ring or I won't get laid on the trip!"

Posted : 27/09/2007 11:47 pm
(@twistedlefty)
Famed Member

Welcome to GN!

#4491....

Posted : 13/11/2007 2:40 pm