Notifications
Clear all

Late Start

2 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
(@chillguy)
Topic starter

Hey whats up Guitar Noise. Im kinda late starting, always hear about kids who have played since they were 9 so 20,my age, is definitely late to the show. Im just looking to have fun playing and figured joining a forum or good community could only help that. I really would just like to be able to play along to songs and hell maybe learn enough theory just to be able to play what my mood of the day is. I vary in my music taste so I am probably going to end up having an acoustic and electric guitar when funds allow, college is very expensive lol. I have played minimal piano, took two years in high school, so I can read sheet music and know the order of the sharps and flats and 1/4 notes 1/8 notes yadda yadda. Also played drums since I was 15 so I have a general feel for rhythm but have been caught up with life and everything so haven't played in a while. So yup thats me and I look forward to meeting you all!

On a separate note not sure if this is the appropriate section but I would love to know where to start as far as theory for guitar. I have always heard people say learn chords first so that was kinda my plan but am open to suggestions.
Thanks again,
Chill

Posted : 27/05/2013 3:19 am
 Nana
(@nana)

hey there :>I'm new to the forums too, just signed up yesterday

its never too late to learn something, I beleive as long as you have passion for it you can become great ^^
I've been playing since I was 14 but gave up because I sucked. and now at 19 I'm starting up again with a fire in my eyes.
for learning guitar I recomend "Mel Bay's Modern guitar method grade 1" you'll breeze through it especially since you have previous experience with music ^^ and the expanded edition even comes with a CD and DVD

Posted : 21/06/2013 5:30 pm