Clear all

Lemme introduce myself...

12 Posts
9 Users
0 Likes
(@chigger-fruit)
Eminent Member
Topic starter

Hello, i'm Alex, aka chiggerfruit and i liked the website a lot so, i figured the forum would be really good too.

I am an intermediate guitar player that self teaches himself soo i might be a little wrong in some of my technique. My orchestra teacher is a guitar player and so is her husband, and she needs another guitarist in her little celtic/select ensamble, so hopefully she'll set my technique right.

I have two guitars, a NY Pro Strat Copy and a Samick Greg Bennett D-5 BCE a-e I really love the acoustic sound so i play things from bands like Dashboard Confessional. I'm almost done learning all of their songs so, if anybody could pin point me to any really good acoustic songs (preferably just acoustic, no other band parts) i would be greatful. =D

Posted : 08/09/2006 7:35 pm
(@dan-t)
Illustrious Member

Hi Alex, Welcome to GN. 8)

As MTV Un-Plugged taught us, you can turn any song into an acoustic version. Why not pick a song you like & work out a nice acoustic version? Just a thought.

Dan

"The only way I know that guarantees no mistakes is not to play and that's simply not an option". David Hodge

Posted : 08/09/2006 7:45 pm
(@chigger-fruit)
Eminent Member
Topic starter

Yah i've done that a little bit, but there are some songs that just sound empty without drums or distortion. I of course, try to play any song i hear and really like. It's just i'd like to play songs that are excusively acoustic guitar for the most part because it's already been shown they sound really nice with just a voice and guitar.

Posted : 08/09/2006 7:54 pm
 geoo
(@geoo)
Famed Member

Welcome to GN CF

Jim

“The hardest thing in life is to know which bridge to cross and which to burn” - David Russell (Scottish classical Guitarist. b.1942)

Posted : 08/09/2006 9:47 pm
(@guitar4k)
Eminent Member

From one newb to another. Welcome!

Posted : 08/09/2006 11:32 pm
(@misanthrope)
Noble Member

Welcome!

ChordsAndScales.co.uk - Guitar Chord/Scale Finder/Viewer

Posted : 08/09/2006 11:43 pm
(@elecktrablue)
Famed Member

Welcome to GuitarNoise, Alex! We look forward to seeing you around the forums! :D

..· ´¨¨)) -:¦:-
¸.·´ .·´¨¨))
((¸¸.·´ .·´
-:¦:- ((¸¸.·´ -:¦:- Elecktrablue -:¦:-

"Don't wanna ride no shootin' star. Just wanna play on the rhythm guitar." Emmylou Harris, "Rhythm Guitar" from "The Ballad of Sally Rose"

Posted : 09/09/2006 12:38 am
(@misanthrope)
Noble Member

I've just come across a little gem in my bookmarks that I'd forgotten about - http://www.AcousticTabs.co.uk . Enjoy!

ChordsAndScales.co.uk - Guitar Chord/Scale Finder/Viewer

Posted : 09/09/2006 10:11 am
(@chigger-fruit)
Eminent Member
Topic starter

Thanks a lot everybody! And extra thanks to you chordsandscales, that website is gonna be very helpful!

Posted : 10/09/2006 1:32 am
 Glee
(@glee)
Estimable Member

nice to meet you alex welcome

tim

Tim

Posted : 11/09/2006 5:27 am
(@sargent-pepper)

nice to meet you.
im a noobie too.

and.. well i play a few acoustic guitar songs, one is Blackbird by the Beatles, and.. well prety much anything they do can be played on acoustic.
i've even heard imagine (by John Lennon) played on guitar..
not my favorite way of it, but its a beautiful song.
or if you dont like the beatles,
"wild horses" by the rolling stones is good too.
also, a beautiful song.
lol

when your strange, faces come out of the rain
when your strange, no one remembers your name
when your strange when your strange when your strange

Posted : 13/09/2006 11:53 pm
(@smokindog)
Illustrious Member