Notifications
Clear all

Looking for Surf in KC

3 Posts
3 Users
0 Likes
(@rique)
Topic starter

Just signed on to the group. Been around the music business all my life. I learned to play on my 64 Jaguar second hand around 67. lost it over bad grades and a father who hated R&R 69. I got to keep my Goya flamenco from the same time and have had it all my life. Classical and Flamenco are fine but I still long for the Surf. So a few years back I started collecting the memories of my youth. I now have a American reissue Jag just like my old one less the scratches. Plus a new VOX AC30, vintage VOX Cambridge, Vox thunderjet, Vox Ultrasonic, Vox folk12, two G30 Goya's, and a custom build Fumero Flamenco negra.

Are there any player s on this site that would like to jam. I have a large building in a neighbor hood where I can get loud. I have drummers all around me but none of them seem to be interested in Surf. I read music which seems to be a turn off to most. Red Elvis is into punk, and the lawyer next door is a Stones fan with no time. If I had a time machine I would go back to the day of my wasted youth and Surf till it hurt.

Rick Nance
Midtown Kansas City

Posted : 18/06/2010 11:12 pm
(@blueline)
Noble Member

Good luck in your search. Sorry. I'm a few hundred miles away! Welcome to GN.

Teamwork- A few harmless flakes working together can unleash an avalanche of destruction.

Posted : 30/06/2010 3:08 am
(@greybeard)
Illustrious Member

It may not be quite what you're after, but I'm sure that there are links, blogs and fora for getting in touch with others of a like mind

http://www.webring.org/go?ring=surfmusic&id=71&next

I started with nothing - and I've still got most of it left.
Did you know that the word "gullible" is not in any dictionary?
Greybeard's Pages
My Articles & Reviews on GN

Posted : 01/07/2010 6:28 pm