Meet and Greet

142 Posts
84 Users
4 Likes
113.4 K Views
(@twistedfingers)
Honorable Member

Welcome to the asylum Andrew. :D

Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming -- "WOW--What a Ride!"

Posted : 23/07/2004 12:43 pm
(@da5park)

Hi my name is Mark... im 33 and live in Scotand. I've been playing for just over a year now and deeply regret not picking up a guitar earlier in my life, barely a day passes now without me playing it.

Stumbled across the site purely by accident and i've no shame in throwing many a compliment to eveybody who has contributed to the site in some shape or form. A special thanks to David for his well thought out lessons as they are the ones im currently working through (Nowhere Man and Julia). I really can't believe how much this site has improved the way I play.

Keep up the good work, who knows in time maybe I can help out too :wink:

Posted : 26/07/2004 2:17 am
(@mattguitar_1567859575)
Noble Member

Like a few others I have only just seen this forum despite using this site extensively for several months now.

Anyway, my name is Matt and I live in Deal in Kent, England. What a fantastic place it is too.

After 36 years of listening to all sorts of music and secretly wanting to be a guitarist (my girlfreind at the time didn't leave me much time to do such things, spent much time practicing paint brush and wallpaper hanging skills instead, grrrr), I finally took the plunge after going to the Virgin music festival in 2002. This was the trigger to me purchasing a nice Yamaha acoustic which is still my favorite guitar. For the first year I was playing about 40 hours a week (I kid you not, sleep, what's that??). This was much needed though, I have zero natural musical ability so its work, work work at it until it comes right.

I have now bought a fantastic Larrivee acoustic as well, which is wonderful for finger picking, I also have a yamaha APX electro acoustic, and a Boss home recording console. God knows why!

I enjoy songs that remind me of my youth. In particular, Simon and Garfunkel songs. I remember sitting at home watching the Central Park concert and being very moved (remember the scary bit where the nutter burst onto the stage ??). So I am delighted to say that i was one of the lucky ones that got to go to Hyde Park a few weeks back and see them here in the UK, I can honestly say the experience was just so incredible. To see Paul Simon fingerpicking on that big video screen was wonderful, and we were only 50 yards from the stage anyway.

So its Simon and Garfunkel, Turin Brakes , stuff like that

Cheers!

Posted : 12/08/2004 11:28 am
(@musenfreund)
Illustrious Member

On behalf of the other inmates, I'd like to welcome all the new folks to the asylum for the musically insane! It's good to see you all here!

Well we all shine on--like the moon and the stars and the sun.
-- John Lennon

Posted : 12/08/2004 12:26 pm
Alex_C and Alex_C reacted
(@musenfreund)
Illustrious Member

This thread has a few hiccups dating back to the transfer from the new forum. Meet and greet continues on this thread:

http://forums.guitarnoise.com/viewtopic.php?p=77308#77308

Well we all shine on--like the moon and the stars and the sun.
-- John Lennon

Posted : 21/08/2004 12:01 pm
(@lissa)

Hi Everyone,

Hope you doing well,

My name is Lissa and I am newbie here.

Posted : 23/09/2019 4:32 am
Alex_C and Alex_C reacted
(@alex_c)

Hello,

I'm a recent FB escapee. Been playing guitar for the past decade. Played a bit when I was a kid mainly for the cool factor but for the past 10+ years, I'm really trying to be a musician. I play electric guitar, currently a progressive type of rock. My latest song is titled "What time is it because I forgot my keys", to give you an idea of what I like to do. Ron Jarzombek's music is what I'm currently into.  Cheers to all - Alex

Posted : 04/01/2020 10:34 pm
Page 10 / 10