Clear all

My introduction

2 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
(@robbiedaug)
Topic starter

Hi,

I don't even know what to write about myself. I'm 60.

I play guitar, and write songs.

I stopped playing for years on a regular basis and would pick it up just to amuse myself.

Recently, i've gotten back into playing and have been re-learning some SRV songs i had learned back in my late 20s. I've been learning some songs from ZZTop and R. Cray and the Fabulous T-Birds, too. It's not easy with carpal tunnel syndrome in both hands but i found some stretches that help me A LOT.

I just finished learning Stepping Out, note for note. I hope to start busking next summer after i re-learn those "in-your-face" guitar songs.  

Five years ago, i bought CuBase Pro 8 and have been doing some originals. I have been getting deep into adding full symphonic orchestrations to the songs i produce for a friend of mine. I have completed three for him and have one of his i am still working on. 

I am not sure what exactly happens in this forum, really...like, are we able to post songs we did and get comments or friendly criticism? I poked around a bit and see there are music teachers here. That's cool, and i wonder what the chances are of one (or some) of them taking a listen to the orchestrations and letting me know how this untrained guy (me) is doing so far.

I must admit i still don't know what i want to be when i grow up.

Anyway, i am going on too much. 

Posted : 18/10/2021 7:08 pm
(@paulhackett)
Prominent Member Admin

Hi RobbieDaug,

Welcome to Guitar Noise. As you can see, it does get quiet around here sometimes.

If you have original compositions the Hear Here forum is the place to share them. That's where you're likely to get some feedback from us. The chance of me listening is pretty good.

Guitar Noises Newsletter

Posted : 09/12/2021 12:03 pm