Skip to content

Forum

Notifications
Clear all

My introduction

(@robbiedaug)
Topic starter  

Hi,

I don't even know what to write about myself. I'm 60.

I play guitar, and write songs.

I stopped playing for years on a regular basis and would pick it up just to amuse myself.

Recently, i've gotten back into playing and have been re-learning some SRV songs i had learned back in my late 20s. I've been learning some songs from ZZTop and R. Cray and the Fabulous T-Birds, too. It's not easy with carpal tunnel syndrome in both hands but i found some stretches that help me A LOT.

I just finished learning Stepping Out, note for note. I hope to start busking next summer after i re-learn those "in-your-face" guitar songs.  

Five years ago, i bought CuBase Pro 8 and have been doing some originals. I have been getting deep into adding full symphonic orchestrations to the songs i produce for a friend of mine. I have completed three for him and have one of his i am still working on. 

I am not sure what exactly happens in this forum, really...like, are we able to post songs we did and get comments or friendly criticism? I poked around a bit and see there are music teachers here. That's cool, and i wonder what the chances are of one (or some) of them taking a listen to the orchestrations and letting me know how this untrained guy (me) is doing so far.

I must admit i still don't know what i want to be when i grow up.

Anyway, i am going on too much.