Clear all

New Guitar Player

5 Posts
5 Users
0 Likes
(@smoskowitz)
Topic starter

Hello All --

My name is Seth and I live in Long Island, NY. I am 37 and just got a Fender Squire electric guitar kit in a box from my wife. I have been scouring the interwebs for lessons as well as purchased a DVD.

So far, I find my biggest difficulty in holding the guitar. I am a short guy and my fingers don't reach all the way up to the 6th string easily. I joined this forum to possibly get help as well as motivation as I progress in learning the instrument.

Thanks...and I hope to talk to you all soon.

Seth

Posted : 20/01/2009 3:05 pm
(@twistedlefty)
Famed Member

Welcome to GN!

#4491....

Posted : 20/01/2009 3:23 pm
(@katmetal)
Prominent Member

Welcome aboard! Check out some youtube clips for the music that you like to play/artists you like. There's alot of helpful info on there. Also, a teacher, or even one of the guys at the music store could probably give you some general pointers on how to hold the instrument comfortably.

There are short neck/short scale guitars as well, if it would be a problem for you.

Posted : 20/01/2009 8:26 pm
(@dan-t)
Illustrious Member

Welcome aboard Seth! 8)

Dan

"The only way I know that guarantees no mistakes is not to play and that's simply not an option". David Hodge

Posted : 21/01/2009 10:48 am
(@elecktrablue)
Famed Member

Welcome to Guitar Noise, Seth! We look forward to seeing you around the forums! :D

..· ´¨¨)) -:¦:-
¸.·´ .·´¨¨))
((¸¸.·´ .·´
-:¦:- ((¸¸.·´ -:¦:- Elecktrablue -:¦:-

"Don't wanna ride no shootin' star. Just wanna play on the rhythm guitar." Emmylou Harris, "Rhythm Guitar" from "The Ballad of Sally Rose"

Posted : 21/01/2009 3:54 pm