Clear all

new guy in the ocean...

11 Posts
11 Users
0 Likes
(@jacko23)
Eminent Member
Topic starter

hey guys and girls. im new here of course. im nin the navy and i was really bored while underway and i came across here. obviously i had to stop by. i am 24 and have been playing for 8 years now. my first guitar was a Framus knock off of an Epiphone dot that i was borrowing from a friend of my dad. from that i moved to a les paul black beauty and an ibanez. i forget the model. i sold it a few years ago. now a prs custom 22 is my main guitar. i brought my marshall 30 watt amp out here with me along with a korg ax3000g. back in the states i have tons of individual pedals. i go to yard sales and flea markets to see what i may be able to find. im just a pedal junkie. my favorite is my metal muff. best metal distortion ive ever heard. i have a few wahs--a mark trmonti power wah and a dunlop wah. also have a few other distortion pedals...boss metal zone, a BAD dod distortion, a fozzbox i made in highschool, a boss EQ, a digitech chorus/distortion which is old as hell, a danelectro reverb, and a bunch i cant even remember. i tought myself everything i know, but i didnt take much time teaching myself theory--just technique. i love playing metal and rock. alterbridge, atreyu and dream theater with a little oasis for good measure may be a good comparison. so thats pretty much me. show the love guys!!! 8) 8)

Posted : 20/07/2007 5:37 am
(@vic-lewis-vl)
Illustrious Member

Hey Jacko, welcome to GN! Sounds like you've got all bases covered with that set up, so what else can I say except put the pedal to the metal and keep rockin!

:D :D :D

Vic

"Sometimes the beauty of music can help us all find strength to deal with all the curves life can throw us." (D. Hodge.)

Posted : 20/07/2007 12:35 pm
(@elecktrablue)
Famed Member

Welcome to GuitarNoise, Jacko! We look forward to seeing you around the forums! :D

..· ´¨¨)) -:¦:-
¸.·´ .·´¨¨))
((¸¸.·´ .·´
-:¦:- ((¸¸.·´ -:¦:- Elecktrablue -:¦:-

"Don't wanna ride no shootin' star. Just wanna play on the rhythm guitar." Emmylou Harris, "Rhythm Guitar" from "The Ballad of Sally Rose"

Posted : 20/07/2007 1:28 pm
(@twistedlefty)
Famed Member

Welcome to GN Sailor!

#4491....

Posted : 20/07/2007 1:36 pm
(@blueline)
Noble Member

hello hello Hello ...in 3 part harmony

Teamwork- A few harmless flakes working together can unleash an avalanche of destruction.

Posted : 20/07/2007 2:20 pm
 Nuno
(@nuno)
Famed Member

Hi Jacko!

Welcome to GN! 8)

Posted : 20/07/2007 2:49 pm
(@coloradofenderbender)
Noble Member

Welcome to the forum. And, thanks for your service to our country.

Posted : 20/07/2007 4:42 pm
(@dan-t)
Illustrious Member

Welcome aboard Jacko! 8)

Dan

"The only way I know that guarantees no mistakes is not to play and that's simply not an option". David Hodge

Posted : 20/07/2007 9:19 pm
(@causnorign)
Honorable Member

Welcome aboard sailor, I'm in the USCG reserve myself and have a son in the Army (wish he would learn to play so we could jam)

Posted : 22/07/2007 12:10 am
(@denny)
Reputable Member

Hi Jacko. Welcome to GN.

Denny

Posted : 22/07/2007 7:26 pm
 Bish
(@bish)
Famed Member

Welcome to GN's forums, Jacko!

Bish

"I play live as playing dead is harder than it sounds!"