Clear all

New Guy - - Philadelphia, PA

6 Posts
6 Users
0 Likes
(@nomadicshadow)
Topic starter

What's up everyone...

Just a kid from Pittsburgh, going to school in Philly...not the greatest place, but anyway...

Started playing guitar sometime in March this year....love to learn, can't stop playing. Hard to find time with school. Going to be an engineer, almost done....thinking I would rather be a musician though.

Love all music, mostly stuff from 60 - 70's, some 90's.....nothing too current. Wanted to play since high school, but had other things on my mind, wish I stared then. Trying to make up for lost time now. Finally got inspired to play, then to write from listening to Bob Dylan. December this year, going to Pitt. from Philly on a train, I had Blood on the Tracks and Bringing it all Back home on the Ipod. Never gave Dylan a chance except for an Essential CD that I had and did like, but I was very naive of the vastness of material and all that goes along with Dylan if your interested in him. Anyway, I heard Its Alright Ma....and to say the least I have been amazed ever since and then actually started paying attention to his music, which is essential when listening to him. Now, I think he is the greatest artist for me to strive to be on equal grounds with.....Small dreams, right? However, I'm very aware of all, well most, of the other great artists that there are and were.

Sorry, for the long rant.

The guitar I play is an Ovation 1117-4 Legend. It was my fathers from the 70's. I will be participating in the songwriting and beginner forums at some point. Can't wait to learn and make mistakes to further myself. Glad I found the site. I hope to learn a lot from all of you.

peace

Posted : 29/09/2009 2:33 am
(@elecktrablue)
Famed Member

Welcome to Guitar Noise! We look forward to seeing you around the forums! :D

..· ´¨¨)) -:¦:-
¸.·´ .·´¨¨))
((¸¸.·´ .·´
-:¦:- ((¸¸.·´ -:¦:- Elecktrablue -:¦:-

"Don't wanna ride no shootin' star. Just wanna play on the rhythm guitar." Emmylou Harris, "Rhythm Guitar" from "The Ballad of Sally Rose"

Posted : 29/09/2009 7:55 pm
(@twistedlefty)
Famed Member

Welcome to GN!

#4491....

Posted : 29/09/2009 8:42 pm
(@blue-jay)
Noble Member

Hello there!

Like a bird on the wire,
like a drunk in a midnight choir
I have tried in my way to be free.

Posted : 29/09/2009 11:09 pm
(@dan-t)
Illustrious Member

Welcome aboard! 8)

"The only way I know that guarantees no mistakes is not to play and that's simply not an option". David Hodge

Posted : 30/09/2009 10:15 am
 KR2
(@kr2)
Famed Member

Anyway, I heard Its Alright Ma....and to say the least I have been amazed ever since and then actually started paying attention to his music, which is essential when listening to him. Now, I think he is the greatest artist for me to strive to be on equal grounds with.....
I, for one, would be very happy if you were able to accomplish your dream.
I'd love to have another Dylan in my lifetime.
Welcome to GN.

It's the rock that gives the stream its music . . . and the stream that gives the rock its roll.

Posted : 30/09/2009 12:58 pm