Clear all

New here

7 Posts
7 Users
0 Likes
(@jenny1980)
Topic starter

Hi everyone,

I'm new here and so glad to have found this site. I am living in Peru (husband's work). I do a little internet work, but as far as things to do...well...I need to find some things to help fill up my day. As I walked through town here there are a TON of guitar shops. So I bought one (they're extremely inexpensive here). I haven't picked it up yet, just to try it out and see how it sounds, but haven't started officially training myself yet! I did an online search and that's how I came across this site. So I'm more eager now to learn, as I will have a lot of help from you all!

Thanks so much for this site!

Happy playing,

Jenny

Posted : 27/08/2009 3:31 pm
(@blue-jay)
Noble Member

Thank you, I mean for being so positive, and welcome to the site! :D

Like a bird on the wire,
like a drunk in a midnight choir
I have tried in my way to be free.

Posted : 27/08/2009 6:57 pm
(@maelendiir)
Eminent Member

Hello Jenny!

I'm very much in the same situation. And by that I mean that I'm in a completely different situation, but still a beginner with the guitar. I've found this site immensely helpful, and the forums are full of decent people offering good advice, hope you enjoy it as much as I have these past few weeks!

Enjoy Peru! My girlfriend's been talking about applying for a job (through the company she works for) in Australia, which is a little daunting as I've never considered moving countries before. Oh well, only for 12 months...

Ash

Posted : 27/08/2009 8:53 pm
(@dan-t)
Illustrious Member

Welcome to GN Jenny! 8)

"The only way I know that guarantees no mistakes is not to play and that's simply not an option". David Hodge

Posted : 27/08/2009 10:16 pm
(@twistedlefty)
Famed Member

Welcome to GN!

#4491....

Posted : 28/08/2009 10:41 am
(@elecktrablue)
Famed Member

Welcome to Guitar Noise, Jenny! We look forward to seeing you around the forums! :D

Be sure to check out our womens forum The Other Side!

..· ´¨¨)) -:¦:-
¸.·´ .·´¨¨))
((¸¸.·´ .·´
-:¦:- ((¸¸.·´ -:¦:- Elecktrablue -:¦:-

"Don't wanna ride no shootin' star. Just wanna play on the rhythm guitar." Emmylou Harris, "Rhythm Guitar" from "The Ballad of Sally Rose"

Posted : 28/08/2009 8:47 pm
(@klepsydra)
Eminent Member

Welcome from another newcomer.

What guitars do they sell in Peru? Locally made, or imports?

"You do things I cannot see, the only fool around here is me. I see things you cannot do, the only fool around here is you."

Posted : 28/08/2009 9:46 pm