Clear all

new here

3 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
 Dana
(@dana)
Topic starter

hello new here .my name is Dana and i have been playing now four a few months this time around back in the early eighty's i took lessons from a guy who only wanted to show me how he could play and had me learning from a Mel Bay guitar for beginners i had a Hofner classical my mom brought back from Germany nice easy to fret still have it . needless to say watching the teacher show off wasn't fun . I wanted instant results I wanted to play like Townsend Geddy lee you know Didn't happen And i pretty much gave up i did learn how to read music and what strings were which but any way it brings me here now I decided to learn how to play but now i just want to play and sound good i can say i have gotten farther now than then got a new guitar fender Squier Strat HSS and a frontman 25 amp that i love . I Am happy to have found this sight was told about it on another forum and figured it sounded like a great place to come and learn more Thanks for having me

Posted : 27/01/2013 5:52 am
(@rocket-dog)
Reputable Member

Hi Dana

Welcome to the forum. I think you'll like it here.

Nothing worse than teachers that show off!!! It's good that you've not given up though.

Feel free to ask questions, someone here can usually help.

Posted : 27/01/2013 12:35 pm
 Dana
(@dana)
Topic starter

Thanks for the welcome you are absolute correct this is a great forum i have already gained from the absolute beginner part one and i see there are some articles from other names i am familiar with thanks for such a great place to learn and share knowledge i wish i was directed here sooner. now i just have one problem to get through i got frost bight on my 4th fretting finger so its hard to play right now :( its getting better its just now i am eager to start learning and practicing .

Posted : 27/01/2013 7:24 pm