Notifications
Clear all

13 Posts
8 Users
0 Likes
(@lpc1996)
Topic starter

Hi everyone,

New member here. I just stumbled across your site looking for good guitar forums. I love the idea of the online jams and collaborations. I hope to get in on one in the future! I've played or owned lots of different guitars but my main guitar is a 1996 LP Classic. I've also got a 2001 Peavey Wolfgang EVH (which I don't really like), and a 2008 Epiphone DOT which I really love.

I play blues based rock for the most part. I look forward to learning new stuff here.

Posted : 18/07/2008 4:17 pm
(@vic-lewis-vl)
Illustrious Member

Greetings, LPC1996, and it's your forum now as well!

That the '96 LP in your avatar? Looks nice. Look forward to hearing from you in the Jams & Collabs when you're ready!

:D :D :D

Vic

"Sometimes the beauty of music can help us all find strength to deal with all the curves life can throw us." (D. Hodge.)

Posted : 18/07/2008 5:01 pm
(@lpc1996)
Topic starter

Thanks Vic, I hope I can figure out the technical side in the jam. I read through the tutorial and it seemed tricky but I think I can figure it out.

The guitar in my avatar isn't mine, it's just one I ripped off the net. It looks the same though. Mine might have a bit more "chararcter". I have a thing for goldtops. My Peavey is a goldtop too. My DOT is black and chrome and looks great sitting next to the LP. :)

Posted : 18/07/2008 5:13 pm
(@urbancowgirl)
Reputable Member

Welcome LPC :)
I look forward to hearing you.

All my life I wanted to be somebody. Now I see I should have been more specific.

Posted : 18/07/2008 6:19 pm
(@sparky1ma)
Trusted Member

welcome LPC1996,
I've always loved les pauls, the closest I've gotten so far is an epi special II (flat top version) which I like, but my fav at the moment is my New MIM Fender strat. Look forward to hearing more from you.

Sounds like you found this forum the same way most of us did, just by chance. Trust me it's a great forum.

ROCK ON!!!! :note1: :note2:

Rich

Where am I going....and why am I in this hand basket?

Posted : 18/07/2008 7:43 pm
(@dan-t)
Illustrious Member

Welcome aboard LPC1996! 8)

I'm hosting an online jam at the moment, and still have 1 slot open if you're interested. :D

http://forums.guitarnoise.com/viewtopic.php?f=33&t=40219

Dan

"The only way I know that guarantees no mistakes is not to play and that's simply not an option". David Hodge

Posted : 18/07/2008 9:18 pm
(@elecktrablue)
Famed Member

Welcome to Guitar Noise, LPC1996! We look forward to seeing you around the forums! :D

..· ´¨¨)) -:¦:-
¸.·´ .·´¨¨))
((¸¸.·´ .·´
-:¦:- ((¸¸.·´ -:¦:- Elecktrablue -:¦:-

"Don't wanna ride no shootin' star. Just wanna play on the rhythm guitar." Emmylou Harris, "Rhythm Guitar" from "The Ballad of Sally Rose"

Posted : 18/07/2008 11:44 pm
(@blueline)
Noble Member

Howdy. Pull up a chair and let's jam in the collaborations forum!!!

Teamwork- A few harmless flakes working together can unleash an avalanche of destruction.

Posted : 21/07/2008 12:33 pm
(@lpc1996)
Topic starter

Thanks for the warm welcome everyone. I was busy building this incredibly large swingset/fortress thing for my kids so I didn't get a chance to play on the net too much.

DanT, thanks for the invite but it's probably going to be a little while before I can participate in any online jams. I don't know the 1st thing about getting set up to do it. I guess the 1st step is to figure out how to gain the ability to get my guitar to play through or into my compute. I'm thinking about one of those Line 6 Pod things. I'll probably have questions in the future. Thanks again for the invite. :)

Posted : 21/07/2008 12:43 pm
(@lpc1996)
Topic starter

welcome LPC1996,
I've always loved les pauls, the closest I've gotten so far is an epi special II (flat top version) which I like, but my fav at the moment is my New MIM Fender strat. Look forward to hearing more from you.

I love my LP. The pups on it are a little bright so I'm going to switch them out before next year. I'm thinking about putting in '57 classics, at least that seems to be the popular opinion.

I've had a MIM strat and it was a good guitar. I think the MIM line is a bit underrated. I had a blue agave MIM telecaster that I sold to a guy I was helping to get started on guitar. BIg mistake on my part, I loved that guitar. I've been looking for 1 the past year or so but I guess the color is discontinued.

Posted : 21/07/2008 12:47 pm
(@twistedlefty)
Famed Member

Welcome to GN!

#4491....

Posted : 21/07/2008 12:58 pm
(@vic-lewis-vl)
Illustrious Member

DanT, thanks for the invite but it's probably going to be a little while before I can participate in any online jams. I don't know the 1st thing about getting set up to do it. I guess the 1st step is to figure out how to gain the ability to get my guitar to play through or into my compute. I'm thinking about one of those Line 6 Pod things. I'll probably have questions in the future. Thanks again for the invite.

Easiest - and probably the cheapest! - way is through a PC mic. You can download a free recording engine - Audacity or Krystal - and use that.

Nick posted a good list of free software here.... https://www.guitarnoise.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=10913

:D :D :D

Vic

"Sometimes the beauty of music can help us all find strength to deal with all the curves life can throw us." (D. Hodge.)

Posted : 21/07/2008 1:54 pm
(@lpc1996)
Topic starter

Thanks for the link Vic. I'll check out the Audacity site, it looks like it's a pretty popular site for the GN members.

Posted : 21/07/2008 2:00 pm