Notifications
Clear all

New to a string instrument

3 Posts
3 Users
0 Likes
(@clamo)
Topic starter

HI, I am originally a brass instrument player, trombone, baritone, euphonium, and of course the Tuba. But I have always been interested in learning the bass guitar. Now this year after a very long interlude it will finally happen. I am originally from Connecticut, did not need the spell checker for that, and now am currently residing in Oklahoma for the past 17 years. Music has always been a passion for me I will listen to everything. I tell people that I may not know who is playing the song but I like it. My favorite is big band/swing and that is probable what got me in to brass and interested in the bass to begin with.

I probably wont post a lot but will lurk and read almost everything. I look forward to reading what the more experienced players have to say and even the newer one since they will be learning like me.
I can wait to start playing hopefully I might even be half way passable :D .

Oh in case any one wonders my moniker Clamo is Latin for I shout.

Clamo

The world would not turn with out a good Bass line.

Posted : 12/12/2011 10:00 am
(@blue-jay)
Noble Member

Welcome Clamo! I hope you will enjoy playing bass guitar, and using the forum. :)

Like a bird on the wire,
like a drunk in a midnight choir
I have tried in my way to be free.

Posted : 13/12/2011 4:06 pm
(@notes_norton)
Noble Member

Welcome. I started as a drummer, quickly switched to saxophone in the school band, picked up the bass in various rock bands when there wasn't a sax part, and my 7th and most recent instrument is guitar.

This is a nice, friendly forum. I think you'll like it here.

Notes ♫

Bob "Notes" Norton

Owner, Norton Music http://www.nortonmusic.com Add-on Styles for Band-in-a-Box and Microsoft SongSmith

The Sophisticats http://www.s-cats.com >^. .^< >^. .^<

Posted : 14/12/2011 3:16 pm