Clear all

new to forum

7 Posts
4 Users
0 Likes
(@keithkr)
Eminent Member
Topic starter

Hi all, just wanted to say what a great site this is, i have all the podcasts on my ipod, and am learning new things all the time.
Been playing for a couple of years now, just play for enjoyment really, late starter(in my forties) wish i'd done it years ago, never going to be a world beater, but enjoying it all the same.
I can read music, but not quickly, i generally create tab from the music, can't really devote the time i would like to to playing(family,work etc), but i would say to anyone not certain if it's something they want to try, it's well worth the effort.
Look forward to learning new thing's from the forum, and thanks in advance for any help given.

Keith

Posted : 30/01/2010 10:50 am
(@blue-jay)
Noble Member

Hi Keith, I think that family and work are important. Welcome to the guitar! :D

Like a bird on the wire,
like a drunk in a midnight choir
I have tried in my way to be free.

Posted : 31/01/2010 3:04 am
(@keithkr)
Eminent Member
Topic starter

nothing is more important than my wife and kids, i didn't mean to imply any other, just meant at my age it's perhaps more difficult than it would have been if i had started to play when i was in my teens.

Posted : 31/01/2010 8:43 pm
(@elecktrablue)
Famed Member

Welcome to Guitar Noise, Keith! We look forward to seeing you around the forums! :D

..· ´¨¨)) -:¦:-
¸.·´ .·´¨¨))
((¸¸.·´ .·´
-:¦:- ((¸¸.·´ -:¦:- Elecktrablue -:¦:-

"Don't wanna ride no shootin' star. Just wanna play on the rhythm guitar." Emmylou Harris, "Rhythm Guitar" from "The Ballad of Sally Rose"

Posted : 31/01/2010 10:25 pm
(@keithkr)
Eminent Member
Topic starter

thank you both for the welcome

Posted : 01/02/2010 5:51 pm
(@dan-t)
Illustrious Member

Welcome aboard Keith! 8)

"The only way I know that guarantees no mistakes is not to play and that's simply not an option". David Hodge

Posted : 13/02/2010 1:12 pm
(@keithkr)
Eminent Member
Topic starter

Posted : 14/02/2010 6:07 pm