Clear all

New to the Club

7 Posts
7 Users
0 Likes
(@mexdeath)
Topic starter

Yo,

I'm 22, from Dallas, TX, of Hispanic Nationality.
I'm interested in playing guitar amongst many other things, so, this morning I thought: "Why not join a forum?"
And here I am, after searching for a few forums, this is the one I best liked the looks of.

I have two guitars, at one point I had three, but then I had economical problems, and I had to make up for a payment for college, so I had to sell back one. Following is the list of the guitars I have, or have had, in the order in which I've had them:

1. Fender Starcaster Electric Guitar (Black and White).
I got this one a few years ago, when I first got interested into playing guitar, but then, college happened, so I had to put it aside somewhere. Yea, it was cheap, but, I learned quite a few things with it.

2. Mitchell MD100S Dreadnought Acoustic Guitar
I got this one about a year or two ago, its my first acoustic guitar, and I enjoy playing what ever little I know in it. Pretty fun to have this one. Again, it was cheap, but I love it.

3. Dean V Electric Guitar
I loved it when I saw it, so I bought it, unfortunatelly, I had to sell it back because of college. However, I plan on buying a new guitar sometime soon, I know... I know... I dont even know how to play yet, and I already want a new guitar? Yes! I'm crazy, for one thing, and... I love 'em! I'm not sure if I'll get a Dean V again though, it gave me a few problems when I was trying to play it while sitting.

At any rate, if I get a new guitar sometime soon, it will either be an Epiphone Les Paul, or a B.C. Rich Warlock.
Wishing the best for all, I say goodbye, but only from this post, I'm going to check around the forum, see what I can find.

Peace,

Mex.

Posted : 08/01/2009 6:08 pm
(@twistedlefty)
Famed Member

Welcome to GN!

#4491....

Posted : 08/01/2009 7:43 pm
(@elecktrablue)
Famed Member

Welcome to Guitar Noise! We look forward to seeing you around the forums! :D

I'm from Weatherford (about 60-65 miles west of you, on the other side of Fort Worth).

..· ´¨¨)) -:¦:-
¸.·´ .·´¨¨))
((¸¸.·´ .·´
-:¦:- ((¸¸.·´ -:¦:- Elecktrablue -:¦:-

"Don't wanna ride no shootin' star. Just wanna play on the rhythm guitar." Emmylou Harris, "Rhythm Guitar" from "The Ballad of Sally Rose"

Posted : 08/01/2009 9:13 pm
(@dan-t)
Illustrious Member

Welcome aboard! 8)

Dan

"The only way I know that guarantees no mistakes is not to play and that's simply not an option". David Hodge

Posted : 09/01/2009 2:01 am
 etm
(@etm)
Estimable Member

welcome to GN sir.. hope to see you around here...

http://www.soundclick.com/etmphils
http://www.youtube.com/edwinmendiola78
http://www.facebook.com/pages/ETM/69309099145?ref=search

Posted : 10/01/2009 3:23 am
 Cat
(@cat)
Noble Member

You remember LYNX or EL CHICANO??? My favs...

Cat

"Feel what you play...play what you feel!"

Posted : 10/01/2009 5:32 am
(@rum-runner)
Reputable Member

Welcome. I'm about six hours away from you; been to dallas a few times.

I don't think you're apt to find a better forum about guitar playing. The posts are always on topic; we've got a very active community with lots of expert folks more than willing to give advice; and there are so many different topics here- including general guitar playing, singing, gear, songwriting, theory, you name it! Even a database of easy songs. What more can you ask for?

Regards,

Mike

"Growing Older But Not UP!"

Posted : 14/01/2009 5:10 pm