Notifications
Clear all

New to the Forum,intro

3 Posts
3 Users
0 Likes
(@b2thez)
Topic starter

My name is Brian Z. and I am a 47 year father of 2 small children. We live in the triad area of N.C. Basically other than that , a full time job, I am just an old frustrated songwriter wanna be. I am Coming to realize that those experts who said I had no musical talent or ability when I was a child were only partly right. Some may still say they were 100 percent on, but that is for later. Anyway, in my struggles to write I decided that maybe learning to play Guitar would help. ( Singing is painful, for me and any poor soul who is accidently exposed to it!).
Well, Now I have 2 things to struggle at, however that was what lead me here(Guitar Noise) and then to SSG. With my lack of skill, talent, and being old….er, why would I do this to myself you may ask? I can't help it. The practical side of me(My Father, brothers, teachers ect,ect) say it is a waste of time , the dreamer side has me accepting a Grammy for record of the year. The realist says that I may never make a dime from it, but still I feel this is the way to express myself.
Hopefully here I can find someone that can compose, sing and gets my writing so I can actually hear what I write played. If nothing else if I commit to writing something each week, I should start to get better. I know from what I have seen here I can definitely learn something. This is the first week I will submit some lyrics to the Songwriting forum, “What they Say”, give it a look over and tell me what you think. Thanks,

Brian Z.

Posted : 27/05/2011 5:22 pm
 KR2
(@kr2)
Famed Member

Welcome to Guitar Noise, Brian

It's the rock that gives the stream its music . . . and the stream that gives the rock its roll.

Posted : 27/05/2011 7:58 pm
(@trguitar)
Famed Member

Welcome to the forum .... there's lots of us middle aged geezers here. :lol:

"Work hard, rock hard, eat hard, sleep hard,
grow big, wear glasses if you need 'em."
-- The Webb Wilder Credo --

Posted : 01/06/2011 2:52 am