Notifications
Clear all

Newbee on the block

7 Posts
5 Users
0 Likes
(@mamboking)
Topic starter

I came across this site while in Guitar 101 and I am a recording afficienado, anyone w/ the same HOBBY? I have learned much about home recording and I have learned that Improvisation is the best way to go. I have been reading up on Jimmy Page and his lessons he learned in the studio, the history of recording and Sam Phillips.I have learned to experiment w/ whatever I have at the moment be it a cheap mic, guitar, and make it into someting interesting w/out using too many gimmicks and spending beaucoup bucks. I play a variety of instruments and just have fun.
Home recording is a whole new world,Itell my wife it's better than a strip club. (accept if you are playing in one for money)

Mambo King

Posted : 15/04/2009 2:22 am
(@dan-t)
Illustrious Member

Welcome to GN! 8)

"The only way I know that guarantees no mistakes is not to play and that's simply not an option". David Hodge

Posted : 15/04/2009 10:15 am
(@twistedlefty)
Famed Member

Welcome to GN!

#4491....

Posted : 15/04/2009 12:50 pm
(@elecktrablue)
Famed Member

Welcome to Guitar Noise! We look forward to seeing you around the forums! :D

..· ´¨¨)) -:¦:-
¸.·´ .·´¨¨))
((¸¸.·´ .·´
-:¦:- ((¸¸.·´ -:¦:- Elecktrablue -:¦:-

"Don't wanna ride no shootin' star. Just wanna play on the rhythm guitar." Emmylou Harris, "Rhythm Guitar" from "The Ballad of Sally Rose"

Posted : 15/04/2009 12:51 pm
(@daven)
Estimable Member

Welcome, looking forward to hearing some.

Posted : 15/04/2009 4:26 pm
(@mamboking)
Topic starter

Thanks all, and I know this will be an interesting site.

Posted : 17/04/2009 6:48 am
(@mamboking)
Topic starter

Right now I am in China for a while, and I have been looking over some of the home recording equipment and so far I have seen mixers like the Hentr MC1202Q compact mixer and the Arctic MS1202DS C.M. and cheap and fairly good I say that because they are set up for 220 not 110 sorry US/Canada but they are affordable as hell bought direct.

Posted : 17/04/2009 9:51 pm