Clear all

Newbie....Just an Intro and hello

10 Posts
9 Users
0 Likes
 Kook
(@kook)
Topic starter

Hello all, my name is Mark, 49 years of age (although, very young at heart, lol). I was inspired to play guitar after a camping trip in the Northwood's of Wisconsin last fall. I was the only one out of seven friends who didn't play and I so enjoyed the campfire concert, it motivated me to learn how to play myself. I borrowed a guitar, downloaded the “Jamorama” guitar course(I hope it's ok to mention?) and seven months later I am here. (Discovered through some link via investigating online acoustic guitar sites) Your site is wonderful, the tips, topics, forums and the lessons are all so beneficial. I have successfully completed “Horse with no name”, “For what it's worth” and “Heart of gold” …..It is very rewarding to play a song or even a riff after learning the basics, nice job David. I liked when you showed the strumming patterns within the lessons, as a beginner, I have not developed the proper “ear” to do it on my own (I think it should be included in ALL the beginner songs). Anyways I just wanted to say Heh…..if you see me asking for help please come to my rescue…..I will try and do the same if the need ever arises…..Thanks!

Life is Good!

Posted : 01/06/2006 5:02 pm
 geoo
(@geoo)
Famed Member

Hiyas Mark. Welcome to GN. No problems with mentioning things like Jamorama or other websites. Of course, I'm a nobody but I have never seen it be a problem. :lol: Sounds like you are well on your way. I guess next campfire there wont be anyone just listening. That'll be a ton of fun.

Geoo

“The hardest thing in life is to know which bridge to cross and which to burn” - David Russell (Scottish classical Guitarist. b.1942)

Posted : 01/06/2006 5:07 pm
 Bish
(@bish)
Famed Member

Welcome to GN. Enjoy your learning journey!!!

Bish

"I play live as playing dead is harder than it sounds!"

Posted : 01/06/2006 5:26 pm
(@duffmaster)
Noble Member

Sounds like your a motivated soul.

Don't stop now, and welcome.

Who needs a signature?
I mean really...
It's almost always lyrics...
or a cliche...
or garbage about me...
Lets just save YOU from the pain, ok?

Posted : 01/06/2006 6:40 pm
(@elecktrablue)
Famed Member

Welcome to GuitarNoise, Mark! We look forward to seeing you around the forums! :D

..· ´¨¨)) -:¦:-
¸.·´ .·´¨¨))
((¸¸.·´ .·´
-:¦:- ((¸¸.·´ -:¦:- Elecktrablue -:¦:-

"Don't wanna ride no shootin' star. Just wanna play on the rhythm guitar." Emmylou Harris, "Rhythm Guitar" from "The Ballad of Sally Rose"

Posted : 02/06/2006 12:16 am
(@dan-t)
Illustrious Member

Hi Mark, welcome aboard! 8)

Dan

"The only way I know that guarantees no mistakes is not to play and that's simply not an option". David Hodge

Posted : 02/06/2006 11:48 am
 sean
(@sean)
Trusted Member

Hey Mark welcome to the forums!!

"A word to the wise ain't necessary -- it's the stupid ones that need the advice."

Sean

Posted : 02/06/2006 11:57 am
(@dylan6776)
Estimable Member

Hi Mark - welcome to GN. I'm new too and finding this site more beneficial as every day passes. I don't know what I did before I discovered it! Enjoy!!

Never assume the other fellow has intelligence equal to yours. He may have more.

Posted : 02/06/2006 7:51 pm
(@bourgeoisbabe)
Trusted Member

Welcome! I am new too! New to guitar and this site. Sounds like you had a great camping trip! What kind of guitar do you have. ??

Life pushes hard. Push back.

Posted : 17/06/2006 4:03 pm
 Kook
(@kook)
Topic starter

Currently......I do not own a guitar. I have borrowed a Washburn, an unknown and am now playing an Ovation. I have played many brands through stores and friends, kinda favor the Taylor and Martins (go figure) I am ready to buy my own, have been shopping ebay heavily and plan to visit Elderly instruments this week. I know a guitar is pretty much an individual thing but am all ears if anyone has any opinions that may be helpful??

Thanks to all for the warm welcome, I'll be checking in more frequent from now on.

Life is Good!

Posted : 19/06/2006 1:50 am