Clear all

Nick Names

73 Posts
55 Users
0 Likes
21.2 K Views
(@mikemc)
Eminent Member

Sorry nothing fun, Mike and the first two letters of my last name.
I use fatcats7 in other places, because my wife and I used to have 7 cats when I first logged on to the internet. We are down to 4 now, but one is actually 30 lbs. (fat cat)

Posted : 05/01/2006 4:12 pm
(@bford)
Reputable Member

Mine is simply my first initial and last name. bryan ford. I'm sixtyfourford on other forums. Birth year. I've been called fordman before by friends and co-workers but my wife hates it. So I try to stay away from that one.

Treat others how you would like to be treated.

Posted : 05/01/2006 4:21 pm
(@rubburduckie)
Eminent Member

I was doing some homework on the Darwin theory of evolution and I decided to take a break. Found some forums and couldn't think of a username so I looked down at my textbook and used Evolution. Been my internet alias ever since.

Thats funny, when I first got online I need a word for something and couldnt think of anything that was at least 8 characters as requested. I looked around my room and the first thing I saw was Evolution by Martina McBride, so I had used it for everything and anything for quite sometime.

My nick comes from an inside joke in college, it snowballed into me owning over 500 rubber ducks, but when I tried to get my email address rubberduckie was gone so I settled on rubbUrduckie and have used ti everywhere since

Posted : 05/01/2006 6:57 pm
(@tim_madsen)
Prominent Member

I use my real name, but back in the early 70's when I was in the USMC I was called Mad Dog. I had a propensity for doing things that could have a fatal outcome. Now I'm more like Old Dog, just want to have my belly rubbed.

Tim Madsen
Nobody cares how much you know,
until they know how much you care.

"What you keep to yourself you lose, what you give away you keep forever." -Axel Munthe

Posted : 05/01/2006 7:30 pm
(@scratchmonkey)
Honorable Member

I chose my user name to honor the memory of "Mabel the Swimming Wonder Monkey."

Her sad tale is related here:

http://catb.org/~esr/jargon/html/S/scratch-monkey.html

-- Scratch 8)

"...if heartaches were commercials, we'd all be on TV" -- John Prine

Posted : 05/01/2006 8:07 pm
(@danlasley)
Noble Member

For generations, past and future, it's the family nickname based on our last name, usually carried by just the men, but BabyDocLaz uses it too.

The women of the house put this to good use at family gatherings, calling "Yo Laz!" and getting 5 tall helpers to respond.

Laz

Posted : 05/01/2006 9:10 pm
(@elecktrablue)
Famed Member

Greek mythology and free association.

Electra was the daughter of Agamemnon and Clytemnestra. She was married by Clytemnestra to a lowly peasant to prevent her from avenging the murder of Agamemnon. She was later reunited with Orestes, her brother, and the two of them and his friend Pylades killed both Clytmenestra and her lover Aigisthus.

So, I decided to spell it with a k and add 'blue' to it! :D (I freely admit that I'm a little odd.......)

..· ´¨¨)) -:¦:-
¸.·´ .·´¨¨))
((¸¸.·´ .·´
-:¦:- ((¸¸.·´ -:¦:- Elecktrablue -:¦:-

"Don't wanna ride no shootin' star. Just wanna play on the rhythm guitar." Emmylou Harris, "Rhythm Guitar" from "The Ballad of Sally Rose"

Posted : 05/01/2006 10:09 pm
(@ghost)
Prominent Member

I'm into supernatural stuff like ghost hunting, and I've had some strange experiences over the years so Ghost was a fitting user name for me, besides Nick was already taken. :)

"If I had a time machine, I'd go back and tell me to practise that bloody guitar!" -Vic Lewis

Everything is 42..... again.

Posted : 05/01/2006 10:39 pm
(@smokindog)
Illustrious Member

Back in 1981 I was the guitar player in a R& B band called the smokin dogs, named after the velvet painting of the dogs playing poker and smoking cigars.

This is a link to Tim Rues band, He was the bass player and singer in The Smokin Dogs. He now has a band with his wife on bass guitar. I havent seen tim since 1983 but he is doing fine, and is a good guy He has gotten real good on guitar since 1983 :D Here is a link http://www.angelfire.com/in/rues/

My Youtube Page
http://www.youtube.com/user/smokindog
http://www.soundclick.com/smokindogandthebluezers

http://www.soundclick.com/guitarforumjams

Posted : 06/01/2006 1:29 am
(@barnabus-rox)
Famed Member
Topic starter

Every time I saw your name Smoking dog I thought of that picture with all the dogs playing poker for some reason

Here is to you as good as you are
And here is to me as bad as I am
As good as you are and as bad as I am
I'm as good as you are as bad as I am

Posted : 06/01/2006 7:40 am
 geoo
(@geoo)
Famed Member

A little history of my time on the internet. When I first began chatting ages ago, my nick was mejustme. Why, cause I really couldnt think of anything cool.

Next up, I was Rage613 and I still use that in come cases but I outgrew it. It was based on "Rage Against the Machine" and a local band I used to like called 613.

Finally, I got hooked on a little game called Everquest. You may have heard of it. :D My wife, at the time, wanted to play too and took the name Geaa. Being the mushy romantic I was, I chose Geoo.

And here I am.

More than you wanted to know? Then why did you read it?? :twisted: LOL

Geoo

“The hardest thing in life is to know which bridge to cross and which to burn” - David Russell (Scottish classical Guitarist. b.1942)

Posted : 06/01/2006 5:48 pm
(@anonymous)
Illustrious Member

Great personal history geoo...now i know much about you :lol:

Posted : 08/01/2006 12:18 pm
(@andtiggertoo)

Hello. My nickname is from highschool. Someone named me "Tigger"--after the character from Whinnie The Pooh. They seemed to think I had Tigger-like qualities... Ha ha! ...Guess I still do...
My real name is Teresa, though. ...And I don't mind if any of you use it, instead...
I just really hate when someone decides to call me "Terry" for short--because that's my brother's name.

Posted : 08/01/2006 9:52 pm
 Bish
(@bish)
Famed Member

Welcome to GN, Tigger, Teresa, "T" for short :oops: , but NOT Terry.

Mine was just a shortened version of my last name. Bishop. You can imagine the rhymings that go with it. 'nuff said on that.

Funny story. My oldest daughter had Bish put on her baseball jersey as her game nickname. So you can imagine when the fans in the stands where yelling, go "Bish" to her, you can almost hear what it sounded like. :oops: We dropped that nickname the next year.

Bish

"I play live as playing dead is harder than it sounds!"

Posted : 09/01/2006 12:26 am
(@hummerlein)
Estimable Member

In my highschool german class we had to write new lyrics to a song of our choosing. I chose to use the background music to the old 60's spiderman theme song. Instead of spiderman though, I used hummerlein which is german for either little or cute lobster.

Hummerlein, hummerlein.
hummer isst mit dem frohen scwein
beisst dein ohr, kratzt dein fleisch
und das schwein, er isst eis!

pass auf! hier kommt dem hummerlein.

Little lobster, little lobster
lobster eats with the happy pig
bites your ear, scratches your skin!
and the pig, he eats ice cream!

watch out, here comes the little lobster.

Crap! There was 3 verses and I forgot the last two :( It was very hilarious and awesome with the spiderman music going in the background though :)

Posted : 09/01/2006 2:08 am
Page 2 / 5