Nick Names

73 Posts
55 Users
0 Likes
21.2 K Views
 pbee
(@pbee)
Noble Member

My nick name pbee comes from my name Paul Brady (PB) but with a little bit of artistic license added in for good measure.

Check out my Reverbnation page here

Posted : 03/06/2006 8:45 am
(@misanthrope)
Noble Member

Is that the necronomicon I see in your pocket, pbee? :mrgreen:

Anyhoo, I missed this the first time round. My real name is Jamie but everyone calls me Jam. I normally just let people think it's from the guitar playing as that would mean something, but really I've had it longer than that. The first time I played the old coin-op Asteroids I didn't realise the highscores were only 3 initials, and tried to put my name in there... :)

Dunno why I didn't use that here really and just leave the site in my sig - I'm sure there was a reason that seemed good at the time :roll:

ChordsAndScales.co.uk - Guitar Chord/Scale Finder/Viewer

Posted : 03/06/2006 12:17 pm
(@riff-raff)
Reputable Member

My username is a hack of my original username that I used on these forums. I forgot my password and I didn't have access to the email address that I used to create it so I just created a slightly different one.
The original one was "DaveNukem".

If any of you play 3rd person shooting games, you may remember "DukeNukem" from way back in the 90's. I used to dial up my modem to my friend's house and we'd run around in the virtual world and blow each other to bits for hours. I still play games online, usually "Call of Duty" and I still use "DaveNukem" for all my online gaming regardless of the game (that includes Party Poker!) So if you ever find yourself getting gunned down in an online shooter and see "DaveNukem killed you" on the screen, or if you're in Party Poker and "DaveNukem" check raises you and puts you all in,
well, that's probably me!

Posted : 06/06/2006 2:17 pm
(@banre)
Reputable Member

If any of you play 3rd person shooting games, you may remember "DukeNukem" from way back in the 90's. I used to dial up my modem to my friend's house and we'd run around in the virtual world and blow each other to bits for hours. I still play games online, usually "Call of Duty" and I still use "DaveNukem" for all my online gaming regardless of the game (that includes Party Poker!) So if you ever find yourself getting gunned down in an online shooter and see "DaveNukem killed you" on the screen, or if you're in Party Poker and "DaveNukem" check raises you and puts you all in,
well, that's probably me!

Oh man, I played Duke 3d so many coutless hours...insane amounts of fun. All my friends were working tech support at a local ISP, so after midnight when they got off work, I'd show up and we'd all sit there until 5 am playing. One of these days they are going to finish Duke Nukem Forever! (yeah, maybe it IS a lie, but a man can dream, right?)

Unseen Evidence
UE Reverb Nation Page

Posted : 06/06/2006 2:38 pm
(@ldavis04)
Reputable Member

Anyhoo, I missed this the first time round. My real name is Jamie but everyone calls me Jam. I normally just let people think it's from the guitar playing as that would mean something, but really I've had it longer than that. The first time I played the old coin-op Asteroids I didn't realise the highscores were only 3 initials, and tried to put my name in there... :)

Dunno why I didn't use that here really and just leave the site in my sig - I'm sure there was a reason that seemed good at the time :roll:

Coin-op Asteroids? I'm not going to ask......

I may grow old, but I'll never grow up.

Posted : 06/06/2006 2:38 pm
(@duffmaster)
Noble Member

I am the duffmaster because my last name is duffey.
Other nick names are...
Duff
The Duff
Big Duff
Duffman
Duffmiester

Who needs a signature?
I mean really...
It's almost always lyrics...
or a cliche...
or garbage about me...
Lets just save YOU from the pain, ok?

Posted : 06/06/2006 7:55 pm
(@saber)
Reputable Member

I thought "Guitar," and Saber came to me.

Not very interesting. Should I say my gene's are spliced with a savertooth tigers?

Cause they are.

"Like the coldest winter chill. Heaven beside you. Hell within." -Jerry Cantrell

Posted : 06/06/2006 8:47 pm
(@misanthrope)
Noble Member

Coin-op Asteroids? I'm not going to ask......
You know, Asteroids:

...note the three letter high score too :)

Posted : 06/06/2006 8:54 pm
 pbee
(@pbee)
Noble Member

Hey Jam,
Is that the necronomicon I see in your pocket, pbee?

No, but I am happy to be here :lol:

are you referring to this guy ?
http://airsoftohio.com/member.php?s=e0bddcda8debac9b280102f69f06b52e&action=getinfo&userid=1291

not me by the way, but now Im curious

Check out my Reverbnation page here

Posted : 06/06/2006 10:02 pm
(@racetruck1)
Honorable Member

I have two, In the county south of me where I grew up I was known as Mac. When I moved to my present location I decided to get a fresh start and didn't use one until I bought a 72 chevy truck in bad shape, I work on cars out of my garage and one day when I was fixing a car for a customer my present (and last!) wife asked me if she could paint something on my truck, me, Being the thoughtful husband,(besides it didn't matter to me) said "Sure,Knock yourself out!" She painted "RACE TRUCK" on the drivers door in one foot high letters! In hideous fake chrome touch-up paint. I didn't think too much about it until everybody at the local watering hole started calling me "RACETRUCK DAVE". (I drove past it almost every day!) This went on for so long that a lot of people don't know me by any other name! So I decided to start using it on this site and others.

By the way, as a postscript, two weeks later I had my wife paint the passenger door. :lol:

When I die, I want to go peacefully in my sleep like my grandfather, not screaming......
like the passengers in his car.

Posted : 07/06/2006 5:03 am
(@ginger)
Reputable Member

Well, mine comes from my dog "Bonzo". Had him for 10 years now. He is my baby! :D

Posted : 12/06/2006 1:54 am
(@barnabus-rox)
Famed Member
Topic starter

Can you still get Duke Nukem ?

I used to love it he said , " Aww much better " ...

Top game that

Here is to you as good as you are
And here is to me as bad as I am
As good as you are and as bad as I am
I'm as good as you are as bad as I am

Posted : 13/06/2006 9:16 am
(@twistedlefty)
Famed Member

I'm left handed, and twisted. i think earlier it had some sort of connection to a combination of a relief pitcher and/or the hand rolling of smoky combustibles.
i used to do a lot of organised team online gaming and one of my bowling buddies gave me the handle. it seemed to have so many obscure references connected to it that i just gave up trying to figure it out. seems everyone had a different take on what it meant, from political to whatever.

it's been my online name now since 96'
:twisted:
most call me Lefty, or Twisted, or Twisty, or Jim.

#4491....

Posted : 13/06/2006 10:55 am
(@misanthrope)
Noble Member

I'm left handed...
"Hmmmmmm?", says C&S, looking at your avatar... :)

Posted : 13/06/2006 11:34 am
(@twistedlefty)
Famed Member

I'm left handed...
"Hmmmmmm?", says C&S, looking at your avatar... :)

see what i mean? :wink:

edit-(avatar changed from showing my obvious affliction of playing righty)

#4491....

Posted : 13/06/2006 12:04 pm
Page 4 / 5