Clear all

oldie starting over again

19 Posts
12 Users
0 Likes
(@stevie1969)
Topic starter

hi every one,
names steve im 38(ohmygodddd!!!)feels like i was 16 and went to sleep then woke up with a wife and
kids and cant believe life has gone so quick!!!
anyway i dont know what happened but i heard the song pretender and it just made me passionate about music again.
i played guitar and drums on and off from age 12 to 25ish and cant wait to get another tele for crimbo,just cant explain
how crazy i feel to be playing(trying)again so thought tell some one who will understand.
the wife probably thinks this will fade in a month or two but nooooooo wayi ive been woken up for good!!!!

i hope i can meet other local axe men/women from coventry england and eventually be good enougth to gig.

god its great to be alive!!!! :D

great site by the way.

Posted : 25/10/2007 12:45 am
(@dan-t)
Illustrious Member

Welcome aboard Steve! Get that Tele soon! 8)

Dan

"The only way I know that guarantees no mistakes is not to play and that's simply not an option". David Hodge

Posted : 25/10/2007 2:27 am
(@katmetal)
Prominent Member

names steve im 38(ohmygodddd!!!)feels like i was 16 and went to sleep then woke up with a wife and
kids and cant believe life has gone so quick!!! :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Welcome to GN! You would think that feeling passes, but I've been experiencing it for many years, & it hasn't passed for me. I try to "drown" it out with distractions, though! :lol:

Enjoy your stay, post pics of that tele when you get it!
Cheers, katmetal :)

Posted : 25/10/2007 11:22 am
(@riff-raff)
Reputable Member

Welcome! There are a lot of people on this board that started young, took time off and are starting again. I played on and off from about 13 to 23, never really learned anything but a bunch of licks and cool parts of songs, and then I picked it back up again about two years ago at 33. I got my son interested and he's been playing for a couple years now (he's 10).

Posted : 25/10/2007 12:13 pm
(@scrybe)
Famed Member

welcome to gn! :D unfortunately I no longer live in coventry or I would have gladly jammed with you.

Ra Er Ga.

Ninjazz have SuperChops.

http://www.blipfoto.com/Scrybe

Posted : 25/10/2007 2:03 pm
(@elecktrablue)
Famed Member

Welcome to Guitar Noise, Steve! We look forward to seeing you around the forums! :D

..· ´¨¨)) -:¦:-
¸.·´ .·´¨¨))
((¸¸.·´ .·´
-:¦:- ((¸¸.·´ -:¦:- Elecktrablue -:¦:-

"Don't wanna ride no shootin' star. Just wanna play on the rhythm guitar." Emmylou Harris, "Rhythm Guitar" from "The Ballad of Sally Rose"

Posted : 25/10/2007 2:41 pm
(@stevie1969)
Topic starter

Welcome aboard Steve! Get that Tele soon! 8)

Dan
i will and thanks!!

Posted : 26/10/2007 12:06 am
(@stevie1969)
Topic starter

kids and cant believe life has gone so quick!!! :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Welcome to GN! You would think that feeling passes, but I've been experiencing it for many years, & it hasn't passed for me. I try to "drown" it out with distractions, though! :lol:

Enjoy your stay, post pics of that tele when you get it!
Cheers, katmetal :)
will do katmetal and thanks!!

Posted : 26/10/2007 12:07 am
(@stevie1969)
Topic starter

Welcome! There are a lot of people on this board that started young, took time off and are starting again. I played on and off from about 13 to 23, never really learned anything but a bunch of licks and cool parts of songs, and then I picked it back up again about two years ago at 33. I got my son interested and he's been playing for a couple years now (he's 10).

thats great to hear.its nice to know im not the only one to go back to it later in life.its giving me the push and confidence i needed!!!!!
tell your son keep rockin!!

Posted : 26/10/2007 12:10 am
(@stevie1969)
Topic starter

welcome to gn! :D unfortunately I no longer live in coventry or I would have gladly jammed with you.

so you moved on and up and away from cov!!!!!
i did to and lived in sunny bournemouth for ten years but fate draged me back.......kicking and screaming.lol
i think liverpool is a cool city so fair play. :D

Posted : 26/10/2007 12:14 am
(@stevie1969)
Topic starter

Welcome to Guitar Noise, Steve! We look forward to seeing you around the forums! :D

thanks electra!!!

Posted : 26/10/2007 12:15 am
(@rparker)
Illustrious Member

I started at your age. Jump on in. Welcome to GN.

Roy
"I wonder if a composer ever intentionally composed a piece that was physically impossible to play and stuck it away to be found years later after his death, knowing it would forever drive perfectionist musicians crazy." - George Carlin

Posted : 26/10/2007 3:54 am
(@blueline)
Noble Member

Stevie, I remember when I was 38. The good news is that everything gets worse from this point out. I haven't figured out the bad news yet. Get that new axe. Hope to see you on the forums. Stop by the old fart's forum. I hold weekly meetings there.

Teamwork- A few harmless flakes working together can unleash an avalanche of destruction.

Posted : 26/10/2007 8:35 pm
(@stevie1969)
Topic starter

Stevie, I remember when I was 38. The good news is that everything gets worse from this point out. I haven't figured out the bad news yet. Get that new axe. Hope to see you on the forums. Stop by the old fart's forum. I hold weekly meetings there.

hi blueline thanks for that!!!!
have just bought a squire telecaster custom for 190 pounds not quite the real deal but it will do till i can get the fender after crimbo!!!
in all honesty it feels like quite a nice quitar and im sure it will do me for now .will check your forum out soon
thanks again.

Posted : 29/10/2007 11:50 am
(@twistedlefty)
Famed Member

Welcome to GN! old? you're just a pup :wink:

#4491....

Posted : 13/11/2007 2:27 pm
Page 1 / 2