Notifications
Clear all

Onalaska98 - Omaha, NE

11 Posts
7 Users
0 Reactions
(@onalaska98)
Topic starter

Hey everyone, I thought I would say hi. I am in Omaha, NE (grew up in WI) I have a friend that plays guitar pretty well and he really inspired me to get one and give it a shot. I have been lurking on this site and a couple others while I tried to make up my mind on if I wanted to give it a shot and if so, what should I do for my first guitar. I ended up saying the heck with it, and I picked up a Takmine EG341SC. My guitar arrived last week and I have been loving every minute of learning it so far. I am working out a few chords, the materpiece that is "Horse With No Name" and getting my calluses built up. By the way, no one ever mentioned this callous situation to me before I picked this thing up, then all of a sudden those threads came out of the woodwork! Live and learn I suppose!

At any rate, I just wanted to give a quick introduction, say hi, and kick back and enjoy learning from everyone on the site!

Oh and of course, Go Packers :)

http://www.packerforum.com/modules/LinkToUs/images/banner2.gif

Posted : 12/09/2006 3:47 am
 geoo
(@geoo)
Famed Member

Morning and welcome to GN Onalaska98. Hey, how bout not giving it a shot and just making it a lifetime committment.. That Takmine deserves all that love n attention, doesnt she... yes she DOES..

Callous' wont be a problem in another few weeks if you practice regular. I mean, you'll have them, but they wont feel like aliens on your fingers anymore.

Good luck with your new baby.

Jim

“The hardest thing in life is to know which bridge to cross and which to burn” - David Russell (Scottish classical Guitarist. b.1942)

Posted : 12/09/2006 10:04 am
(@dan-t)
Illustrious Member

Welcome aboard Onalaska98! 8) I live in Wisconsin, but grew up in Chicago. Were in Wisconsin did you live?
And just alittle good natured fun - were do you want the Packers to "go" to? :lol: Yep, you guessed it... I'm a Bear fan! :D Da Bears! :wink:

Dan

"The only way I know that guarantees no mistakes is not to play and that's simply not an option". David Hodge

Posted : 12/09/2006 11:16 am
(@margaret)
Noble Member

Welcome, Onalaska! Is that where you hailed from in the Cheddarhead State? Been there many times myself.
dntalb wrote: Yep, you guessed it... I'm a Bear fan!
Gee, Dan, I didn't know this about you. Better watch your back around town! :lol:

Anyway, welcome again to you Onalaska! This site is the greatest, and you'll find answers to all your guitar questions here.

Margaret

When my mind is free, you know a melody can move me
And when I'm feelin' blue, the guitar's comin' through to soothe me ~

Posted : 12/09/2006 1:50 pm
(@banre)
Reputable Member

Welcome!

And seeing your sig link, I've got just one thing to say....

Whodat! Whodat!

Unseen Evidence
UE Reverb Nation Page

Posted : 12/09/2006 2:02 pm
(@coloradofenderbender)
Noble Member

Welcome to the board. This is a great place to look for answers to the thoudands of questions that are sure to pop up during your first year (and beyond).

I checked out your friend's site - I like his music. Good guitar playing and singing!

Posted : 12/09/2006 3:57 pm
(@onalaska98)
Topic starter

Hey, how bout not giving it a shot and just making it a lifetime committment.. That Takmine deserves all that love n attention, doesnt she... yes she DOES..

I do agree, I think she's quite lovely and will do my best to make good use of her!
Welcome aboard Onalaska98! I live in Wisconsin, but grew up in Chicago. Were in Wisconsin did you live?
And just alittle good natured fun - were do you want the Packers to "go" to? Yep, you guessed it... I'm a Bear fan! Da Bears!
I grew up just north of Milwaukee in Port Washington. And no worries on being a Bears fan I won't hold it against you :) Da Bears look pretty good this year though, now if they just had a QB ;)
I checked out your friend's site - I like his music. Good guitar playing and singing!
Certainly glad you liked Marc's music, I am biased but I think he rather talented or well practiced :P

---
Thanks everyone for the nice welcome and I look forward to chatting with you all on the forums! Hopefully one day I can give back to someone starting out as kindly as everyone has help me so far!

~Ryan

Posted : 12/09/2006 4:13 pm
(@dan-t)
Illustrious Member

dntalb wrote: Yep, you guessed it... I'm a Bear fan!
Gee, Dan, I didn't know this about you. Better watch your back around town! :lol:
Margaret

Yep, it's sure fun to be a Bear's fan in Packer country! :P :wink: :lol:

Dan

"The only way I know that guarantees no mistakes is not to play and that's simply not an option". David Hodge

Posted : 12/09/2006 4:14 pm
(@dan-t)
Illustrious Member

Hey, I've been to Port Washington! Really nice city. :D
Glad to see us Bear & Packer fans can get along. 8) Next meeting - Chicago, 12/31/06 - nothing better! :D
Dan

Posted : 12/09/2006 4:21 pm
(@onalaska98)
Topic starter

Hey, I've been to Port Washington! Really nice city. :D
Glad to see us Bear & Packer fans can get along. 8) Next meeting - Chicago, 12/31/06 - nothing better! :D
Dan

PW is nice, small town... good place.
Well in your no free time, stop over on packerforum.com and chat, we have some good bears and vikes fans (as well as other NFL fans) over there that post on a regular basis. It's nice to hear from the non green and gold glasses crowd sometimes!

Posted : 12/09/2006 5:37 pm
(@smokindog)
Illustrious Member

Welcome to GN, see you around --the dog

My Youtube Page
http://www.youtube.com/user/smokindog
http://www.soundclick.com/smokindogandthebluezers

http://www.soundclick.com/guitarforumjams

Posted : 14/09/2006 2:34 pm