Notifications
Clear all

PNW or upper left corner

4 Posts
4 Users
0 Likes
(@crossed)
Topic starter

Hi. I'm sure you've read this before: Been playing guitar a long time, first time poster at guitarnoise. I'm a pro level player, but I don't gig much. Most gig stuff is in environments I don't want to find myself in or contribute to. I play at church a lot, and do occasional recording studio sessions. I play a lot by myself just keeping my chops up. I play all styles, but find myself gravitating towards Dann Huff/Steve Lukather/Paul Gilbert etc. type lead guitar playing presently.

I was taught by jazz musicians, took a year or so to study classical guitar, took an interest in country playing and bluegrass for awhile, and I also took a year to study electric bass in a very intense musical situation - it was a sink or swim type situation. I swam. I'm a pretty decent bassist, not a guitar player who plays bass; I understand the subtleties and differences between the two. I am also teaching guitar lessons one evening a week.

I also have a master's degree in education and have been teaching elementary general music for 16 years with in emphasis in the Orff-Schulwerk approach to teaching. I am and Orff Level III certified teacher.

I live in the Seattle, WA area.

Peace all!
TG

Posted : 12/11/2007 8:50 pm
(@elecktrablue)
Famed Member

Welcome to Guitar Noise, CroSSed! We look forward to seeing you around the forums! :D

..· ´¨¨)) -:¦:-
¸.·´ .·´¨¨))
((¸¸.·´ .·´
-:¦:- ((¸¸.·´ -:¦:- Elecktrablue -:¦:-

"Don't wanna ride no shootin' star. Just wanna play on the rhythm guitar." Emmylou Harris, "Rhythm Guitar" from "The Ballad of Sally Rose"

Posted : 12/11/2007 9:07 pm
(@dan-t)
Illustrious Member

Welcome aboard TG! 8)

Dan

"The only way I know that guarantees no mistakes is not to play and that's simply not an option". David Hodge

Posted : 12/11/2007 10:25 pm
(@twistedlefty)
Famed Member

Welcome to GN!

#4491....

Posted : 13/11/2007 2:22 pm